Hogbottom 2014
Will Dockery
2014-04-08 17:06:35 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/events/1435442600018412/

Join Will Dockery and The Shadowville All-Stars (Jack Snipe, Rob Wright,
Brian Mallard) at the 9th Annual Hogbottom in Fort Mitchell, Alabama, a
fundraiser for the House of Heroes, Inc.

From Hogbottom founder Dave Patillo:

According to the Farmer's Almanac, Saturday, April 26th is going to be cool
and sunny so, with a little science, a dash of luck, and lots of prayers, we
will have no rain for our 9th Annual Hogbottom. Please mark your calendars
for a day of great food, music, and fun.

Hogbottom Patterson Road/County Road 38, Fort Mitchell, Alabama 36858

Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Will Dockery
2014-04-12 20:00:39 UTC
Hogbottom - April 26 2014 2:30pm. Join Will Dockery and The Shadowville
All-Stars (Jack Snipe, Rob Wright, Brian Mallard) at the 9th Annual
Hogbottom in Fort Mitchell, Alabama, a fundraiser for the House of Heroes,
Inc.

Hogbottom 2014 setlist

1) Angel of Esquiline Hill (Dockery-Wright-Snipe)
C, Em chorus: C, F, C, F, G, F, G, F bridge: Am,G, F, C
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/12538911

2) Shark Pact Manifesto (Dockery-Wood)
E, G, A chorus: D, A, C, G X4 - F#m/stop
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/16900244-shark-pact-manifesto-dockery--wood

3) Over You (Dockery-Mallard)
G, Am, C, D chorus: Em, A, C, D
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/10544416

4) Ozone Stigmata (Dockery-Conley)
C, Em, F, G - Am, Em, F, G/stop
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/12214266

5) Ghost Man (Dockery-Mallard-Snipe-Wright)
E, E, A, E - D, A, D, A, D, A - E, E
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/video/12554517

6) Gone Too Far (Dockery-Mallard-Snipe)
G, D, Em chorus: C, FX3, - C, Em, A
http://www.reverbnation.com/open_graph/song/11596860

7) Rock-N-Roll Night (Dockery-Mallard-Snipe)
E, D, F, C-F# - F#, B, F#, Ab, C#
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/18033340-rock-n-roll-night--dockery-snipe
Will Dockery
2014-04-18 01:01:28 UTC
The Oral Tradition in Poetry
"...Oral tradition and oral lore is cultural material and tradition
transmitted orally from one generation to another.The messages or testimony
are verbally transmitted in speech or song and may take the form, for
example, of folktales, sayings, ballads, songs, or chants. In this way, it
is possible for a society to transmit oral history, oral literature, oral
law and other knowledges across generations without a writing system." (from
Wikipedia)
Talk about the oral tradition of poetry!
I just went in to my files, archives, and so on, to find a lyric post for
"Under The Radar" for the Shadowville All-Stars to study up on for the
Hogbottom show, and to place chord tabs to... and find that I've never
written down the actual words of the song as we perform it.
Under The Radar / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/12609809-under-the-radar-for-sam-singer
Will Dockery
2014-04-22 22:36:33 UTC
I know who you deal with, Will.
I meant that there are enough
HOHs around to confuse anybody.
This might help, Corey:

http://www.hogbottom.com/what-its-all-about.html

"...Several years ago while serving on the board of a Columbus, Georgia
charity called the House of Heroes (HoH), I came up with an idea to raise
funds to support our mission. In case you have never heard of the HoH,
through volunteers they make repairs to the homes of our needy military and
public services veterans. What a great way of expressing our gratitude for
their service and sacrifice for our protection and freedom.

The fundraiser we created is called Hog Bottom named after our farm in Fort
Mitchell, Alabama. It is a one day, family oriented Bar-B-Que and music
festival which takes place around the end of April each year. We host a
lineup of mostly local entertainers that play all types of music including
blue grass, country, blues, jazz, folk and rock. All the musicians
volunteer their time to perform while many other volunteers spend the day
cooking and serving food and snacks, selling merchandise, attending the
gate, etc. This year's event will be our 9th Hog Bottom and it is scheduled
for Saturday, April 26.

It is a lot of work and we have been careful to grow our event slowly over
the past eight years from around 75 in 2006 to well over 800 attendees last
year. We do not sell tickets to the event but, ask attendees to make a
suggested donation of $10 to enter and $5 donation for a Bar-B-Que plate.
We also sell snacks, tee-shirts, hats and other merchandise for a nominal
charge. Beginning two years ago, we included a silent auction for items
generously donated by our supporters. All proceeds again go directly to the
House of Heroes and are used to purchase materials needed for the home
repairs.

We do not allow outside vendors to participate in any sales; consequently,
all income goes directly to the HoH. Because of this we rely on the
gracious donations of sponsors for financial contributions, donations of
items that can be used in our silent auctions as well as food or beverage
items that can be sold to our guests. Please know that any funding and/or
items you or your company might provide would be greatly appreciated and
will support a very worthy cause. Also, the House of Heroes is a 501(c)(3)
organization so all contributions are tax deductible.

For more information on our charity, The House of Heroes' website is
houseofheroes.org.

Thank you for visiting our website and please feel free to contact me by
email or at any of the numbers below.

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at Hog Bottom!"

-Dave Pattillo
Hog Bottom Farms