Darkness Be My Friend
Daniel Thomas Andrew Daly
2010-09-24 01:16:41 UTC
“Darkness be my friend”
by
Daniel Thomas Andrew Daly
http://noahidebooks.angelfire.com

I sit alone. I sit alone, silent, unmoving. I sit alone, here in
this neverending
shadow of night.

There is peace here. There is solitude. And I speak quietly, gently
to the
darkness. I say unto it 'Darkness be my friend. Darkness be my
lover.
Darkness surround me, and make me one with you.'

For, you see, I once knew the heights of eternity. I once knew the
Angelic
princes of glory, in all their regalia. I once knew the very highest
of the
Archangels of God. Yet I dared to question - I dared to ask - I dared
be different.

And they cast me from them, down to the fire, down to the pit, down to
the
neverending burning.

And I burned their for millennia. I burned their, until........
Until a hole beneath
opened up and I swam downwards. I swam downwards into the neverending
darkness. And I craved her soothing, cool touch. And I wed her, and
she
comforted me from the hell of my ordeal.

And now I despise them, those angels of glory, and there God of
consuming fire
and passion. For I know the love of the shadows - the peace and
tranquillity
of the children of the night. The calm restful hand of the eternal
darkness.
And unto heaven I say 'Be gone from me, ye eternal throne of pride.
For
the Darkness is my friend. The quiet of eternal night. And I rest in
her quiet,

THE END
Hania Ogórek