Gone Too Far / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars
Will Dockery
2012-11-20 04:32:39 UTC
Shadowville All-Stars 2012 sessions, "Gone Too Far" (rough
draft) by
Jack Snipe (guitar, bass, production), Brian Mallard (guitar &
engineer), Will Dockery (words & vocal) for the "Shark Pact
Manifesto"
project in
progress (w/ Rusty Wood, Mia Giannini, Gary Frankfurth, Terry
Gannon &
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Gone Too Far
There's a wind from Russia
blowing over Alaska way.
Old man in the big house
won't have it any other way.
He say
"Dah dah dah,
they've gone too far..."
People are worried---
wondering where they'll hide.
Dark forces at work.
illuminating the night.
The ladies dance the Maypole
across the divide.
Banks are a'falling
while I stand in line.
He say
"Dah dah dah,
they've gone too far..."
People at the shelter---
they're working real hard.
Time waits for no man
but it stands stock still for me.
Dark forces at work
in levels of history.
Big bear come a'stomping
and he's coming for you.
He's on the phone with the Devil
and he wants what's due.
He say
"Dah dah dah,
they've gone too far..."
People are worried---
wondering where they'll hide.
Dark forces at work.
across the divide.
-Will Dockery

It doesn't matter what you were thinking. It's all about me,
remember?
Right, right... I must make a note of that, so easy to forget.
Think of it this way: If it ain't in me or on me it's got to be about
me somewhere. I know I saw it some place.
Well darned if that don't explain it all, and why we keep butting noggins, I
reckon.
--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Will Dockery
2012-11-20 04:57:13 UTC
Interesting notes on "Gone Too Far", from Vic, Corey & George:

Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860

Shadowville All-Stars 2012 sessions, "Gone Too Far" (rough draft) by Jack
Snipe (guitar, bass, production), Brian Mallard (guitar & engineer), Will
Dockery (words & vocal) for the "Shark Pact Manifesto" project in progress
(w/ Rusty Wood, Mia Giannini, Gary Frankfurth, Terry Gannon & Miguel
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Fancy Tune, Will!
Okay, now you've Gone Too Far. No way is Will's Tune Fancy. In fact
it's AntiFancy. It's a simple Tune is what it is, and that's about
the only Good thing I can say about it. So don't diminish its
Goodness by calling it something it so obviously isn't, like Fancy.
Oh yeah, and Will's vocals should loom ominously in the background,
shadowing the music and melody, rather than standing clearly up front
where it clearly sounds out of place.
While some of that is in the performance, a lot can be fixed on the
mixing board, where Jack Snipe has them now, working on final mises.
Part of the sound problems are very likely due to Reverb Nation
forcing the Mp3s to be compressed to the very smallest size for the
player, and another is that this is what I call a "rough draft" above,
first-take & almost no mixing yet.
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
I didn't really mean to suggest a problem that needed fixing. If one
thinks of Will Dockery and the Shadowville Allstars as a vehicle then
you are definitely the drive wheel. I see you as seeing yourself in a
fancy new front wheel drive vehicle when your talents and style appear
better suited for a more classic rear wheel drive ragtop. Your voice
is distinctive but not outstanding. You hear better than you sound.
Your voice adds character and texture to the piece when it supports
rather than leads the instrumentation.
--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Will Dockery

Will Dockery
2012-11-27 07:46:21 UTC
Not even a mention.
I see ex-husbands mentioned in obits all the time.
I notice they left her brother Tracy out, as well, which was odd.

Since Tracy Harley died in 1986, the writer possibly wasn't around and so
didn't remember or even know to add him.

Which makes me wonder who wrote the obituary, now. I couldn't have been
Katherine's mother or sister, since there's no way they'd forget Tracy...
kind of odd, in a sad way.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/obits/T7IK8Q8CPI2TJJ6FU

Tracy George Harley born December 12 1958 died December 27 1986.

Finding almost zero information on my old friend and Brother In-Law Tracy
Harley, I'm compiling this short Obituary for the internet, so others
searching for him will have a place to add their thoughts and information.

Harley was born in Atlanta Georgia, spent most of his life in Columbus,
Georgia, a graduate of Hardaway High School, and various colleges, and a
Veteran of the Navy.

Earlier archived writings about Tracy Harley:

http://alt.books.beatgeneration.narkive.com/QSNdtAR2/goodnight-sweet-prince-hunter-thompson-1937-2005
She died on August 1 2004.
http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?ID=GO02480617
Kathy S. Fuller
Kathy S. Fuller July 27, 1960 - August 2, 2004 COLUMBUS, GA - Funeral
services will be held 11 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 4, at Striffler-Hamby
Mortuary Macon Road Chapel. The family will receive friends at the
funeral home this evening from 6 to 8 p.m. Kathy S. Fuller, 44, of
Columbus, died Sunday, Aug. 1, at the Columbus Hospice House. Mrs.
Fuller was born July 27, 1960 in Atlanta, Ga., and had lived in
Columbus most of her life. Survivors include her husband, Frank Fuller
of Columbus; a daughter, Sarah Dockery of Columbus; a son, Clay
Dockery and his wife, Sara of New York City, N.Y.; mother, Norma Kemp
and her husband, Fred of Columbus; father, Marcus Strickland of
Columbus; a sister, Victoria French of Columbus; an uncle, Ralph McCoy
of Columbus; and a nephew, Troy Combs of Columbus. In lieu of flowers,
donations may be made to Columbus Hospice House, 7020 Moon Road,
Columbus, GA 31909.
"He's not gone as long as we... remember."
And so a toast to Tracy, friend, brother, comrade.

And a tip from one who has been there...

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not
become a monster. And when you
look into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you" -Nietzsche
--
Under The Radar / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/12609809
Will Dockery
2012-12-02 22:15:48 UTC
Really? You think that's what he was asking? When will you know for
sure? Why doesn't he know already? How long have you two known each
other? What kind of recommendation would you write for Chuck? Would
you put your personal or professional reputation on the line for him?
Does your personal or professional reputation mean anything to you?
Does your word mean anything to anybody else? Do people trust you?
What kind of people trust you, and how many of them do you think there
are? Just wondering if you think I should think your word means
anything.
Good Lord, what is it with all these people who ask the endless, insulting
and offensive questions but never seem to be able to answer a dog gone
thing?

Just for you, though, here's my newest published column, which should answer
a couple dozen questions before y'all even ask 'em:

From: http://www.playgroundsmag.com

To The Magic Store by Will Dockery

"I know that my true friend will appear after my death, and my sweetheart
died before I was born." -Tanaka Katsumi

"He's not gone as long as we... remember." -Dr. Leonard McCoy

*** World AIDs Day Concert a success ***

The World AIDS Day Concert 2012 starring Will Dockery & The Shadowville
All-Stars with musical guests Veronica Coldiron, Mike Matthews, Dana Dodd &
Bobby Walden at Fountain City Coffee, 1007 Broadway, Downtown Columbus. was
a success, raising some bucks for the cause with our annual sidewalk show.

https://www.facebook.com/events/207045492762887 -

On behalf of The Shadowville All-Stars I'd like to thank Alex Jordan, Mike
Matthews, Jeremy Scott Hobbs, Veronica Coldiron, Gary Frankfurth, Jack
Snipe, Ryan Griffis, Dana Dodd, Rusty Wood, Eric M. Gunter, Shannon
Jackson-Summers and Brian Mallard and the illustrious staff of baristas
Fountain City Coffee for helping me put this shindig on.

*** Some random poetry thoughts on a Winter day ***

One aspect of a good poem, I think, and am tossing to my team of most
excellent teachers here on the newsgroup, is to find a connection in
the poem being read, and one's own life. Agree?
Example: In the Frost poem where he's a kid chopping woods and the two
hobo fellers [or something like that, it's been a couple of years since
I read it or thought of it] come out of the woods and, IIRC, threaten
young Frost, struck a chord with "Real life" to me:

Dark Queen read Frost avidly, and "forced" me to read this one... in
the era when we spent a couple of bitterly cold winter months in an old
house with no power whatsoever, not even running water. [please don't
flame me, we took showers at her mother's house!]

There was a big old fireplace in the den, and we used candles and oil
lamps... very 17th Century, very romantic--- for a few days.

Now, Shadowville winters are usually very mild, New Yorkers and other
assorted Yankees I've known compare most winter days here to early fall
oreven a late summer night. As God and his friends would have it,
though, cold set in big time, freezing, even the rarest of products
here: snow.

Anyhow, to get to the point, we went through firewood *very* fast
through the long cold nights... I was constantly scavaging for burnable
wood, and chopping, chopping... I learned more than I ever cared to
about chopping firewood.

And Dark Queen read the Frost poem to me by candle light, in that soft
slow Susan Saranden [sp?] drawl that worked so well at poetry readings.

Several years later, the poem stays with me, and I *do* want to read
more Robert Frost.

Question: What is *your* favorite Frost poem, and why? Any that remind
you of a real life memory?

Thanks, pals.

*** Gone Too Far / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars ***

http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery/song/11596860