Hogbottom music fesitival is NOW!
Will Dockery
2011-04-30 13:24:11 UTC
Official line-up for Will Dockery & Friends at Hogbottom: Will
Dockery, Henry Conley, Gene Woolfolk, Jr., Basil Fitzpatrick, Sandy
Madaris, Doug Conley, David Schwimmer & Derundo Jenkins! April 30th
Hogbottom 2011 Music & Bar-B-Que in Fort Mitchell, Alabama!

Hogbottom is very easy to get to, everyone:

From Phenix City, down Highway 431 to Hwy 165, take a left onto 165.
Take AL 165 South 12 miles to Patterson Road (CR38) THEN Go 1/4 of a
mile on the right and follow signs. You can't miss it!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Will-Dockery/11309736351
WTF
2011-05-02 10:32:36 UTC
Thanks for the warning!!
Crowds will be staying away in droves!

Official line-up for Wilted Crockery & Friends at Hogbottom: Wilted Crockery
Will Dockery
2011-05-02 15:42:20 UTC
Post by WTF
Thanks for the warning!!
Crowds will be staying away in droves!
Some made it to the festival, after all, though. Here's my write-up
for Playgrounds Magazine:

http://www.playgroundsmag.com

To The Magic Store by Will Dockery

"Passion--REALISM--realism was the key. The records were letters. Real
letters from me to certain other people [...] I'd harbored hope that
the intelligence that once inhabited novels or films would ingest
rock, I was, perhaps, wrong." -Lou Reed

Hogbottom 2011 did real well, musically & for the House Of Heroes
benefit. Thanks to Davey and Tracy Pattillo for founding and hosting,
to Robert Earl Lowery for his splendid skills in running sound for
both stages, a true Pro from Dover.Unofficial tally for Hogbottom 2011
is 700 paying guests, & over $9000 dollars collected for the House of
Heroes, great day, great folks including Blue Harvest, The Gravy
Robbers, Wildwood Bluegrass, The Conley Brothers, Shades Of Grey,
Jimmy Jam & The Big Fun, Sean Rox, Katt Redd, The Buddy Harden Band,
Fiddlers Blues Band, Rick Edwards, Don Dixon, Strokin' Dixie, The
Shady Branches, Bibb City Ramblers.

Personal thanks from me go out to my groovy music friends for
providing me the musical canvas to paint my word-stories & dream
movies on: Henry Conley, Geno Woolfolk, Jr., Basil Fitzpatrick, Sandy
Madaris, Doug Conley, David Schwimmer & Derundo Jenkins, to make this
edition of "Will Dockery & Friends"... I hope we can get another
chance to perform together sometime soon.

Meanwhile, while at press time I don't have all the details, but the
Shadowville All-Stars are poised for a big return, led by Brian
Mallard, Rusty Wood & me in a new rebooted line-up, watch this space,
& places like SoHo on Tuesdays & Chop's Roadhouse on Wednesdays for
the announcement when details are confirmed.

Tired of Waiting

You tired of walking
streets
where we waited for you.

Cruel daybreak
tortures me with sound
and memory of
your streetcorner smile.

Dreams reveal too much
to remember:
from black seedless midnight
to feverish broad daylight
you never get older.

You stand
in the dark
dark side of the cold
Spring is trapped
in the crystal.

-Will Dockery

--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery & Friends
http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery
Tom Hendricks
2011-05-04 15:37:14 UTC
Cool!
Will Dockery
2011-05-04 17:06:30 UTC
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.

Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
Fitzpatrick, Derundo Jenkins & David Schwimmer:

Cujo DeSockpuppet
2011-05-04 21:17:44 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
"...I COUNSEL PHDS I CAN READ PEOPLE SHE KNOWS NOTHING AND IS ONLY
THERE TO STIR SHIT UP!!!!" - Edmo the calm.
Meat Plow
2011-05-04 23:56:45 UTC
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are. Guitar tuners are cheap.
I have a clamp on Tune Tech tuner that clamps on the headstock of
any of my guitars, paid around 10 bucks for it. Need to work on that for
sure.
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-05 09:37:33 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are. Guitar tuners are cheap.
I have a clamp on Tune Tech tuner that clamps on the headstock of
any of my guitars, paid around 10 bucks for it. Need to work on that for
sure.
--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse- Hide quoted text -
Good point. Something about their performance doesn't translate to
Nanny. Hogbottom must've been a blast; sorry I missed it.
Meat Plow
2011-05-05 19:08:44 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came
From Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends
Sandy Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley,
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are. Guitar tuners are cheap. I
have a clamp on Tune Tech tuner that clamps on the headstock of any of
my guitars, paid around 10 bucks for it. Need to work on that for sure.
--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse- Hide quoted text -
Good point. Something about their performance doesn't translate to
video well for some reason. I can't believe how much fun I had at Doo-
Nanny. Hogbottom must've been a blast; sorry I missed it.
I have no doubt it would have been a good time. Been to plenty of these
kind of jamborees in souther OH and West Virginia. But bands have to be
in common tune regardless. Being an on and off gigging guitarist since
1985, there was no excuse for playing out of tune. Having near perfect
pitch I can tune a guitar even after replacing the strings without using
a tuner and get within 50 cents plus or minus of zero for each string so
it's really noticeable to me when someone is off tune. Hell our drummer
even tuned his drums to an A scale that happened to works out with all our
songs.
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-06 11:01:08 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came
From Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends
[...]
I don't question your ear or expertise any more than I do my own
enjoyment of the event, which is obviously not as contingent on fine
tuning as yours. I have bilateral tinnitus like you wouldn't frickin'
believe which basically means I hear shit that ain't there, all the
time. It's progressive, and maybe genetic. My dad has it real bad
too. Focus on external stimuli, like music or conversation, often
serves to diminish its intensity. I eavesdrop a lot; it's like
exercise for the hearing impaired.
Will Dockery
2011-05-08 17:15:49 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came
From Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends
[...]
I wonder if it isn't the poor recordings that's the problem rather
than the band, who are obviously better musicians than you could ever
hope to be, not to mention more creative, having written dozens of
songs with me while you've yet to manage to even write your first,
Meat.

Here's what another friend commented about the poor sound of the
recordings:

"Got the cable, watch the shows. Good stuff, what we can hear.
Mallard and you need to edit out the songs noone can hear or
understand. Nothing detracts from a good song like several bad ones.
I'm sure some of the bad ones are good songs that can't be understood
because they can't be heard: poor recording in places.
Y'all keep up the good work and everything will fit.
We'll keep watching.
The studio recordings are pretty good; it's the location videos that
sound hollow and hard to understand. The sound on the location videos
needs to be recorded through the sound-board at the location so it
sounds to the viewing audience like they are present during the
performance..."

Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-08 17:35:50 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I wonder if it isn't the poor recordings that's the problem rather
than the band, who are obviously better musicians than you could ever
hope to be, not to mention more creative, having written dozens of
songs with me while you've yet to manage to even write your first,
Meat.
Meat is easily as creative as any of your friends are, but hasn't had
the same opportunity as the others to write with you. You can't blame
him for that. Is this your clumsy way of inviting him to collaborate
with you? Can't you do any better than that?
Will Dockery
2011-05-08 21:04:58 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
I wonder if it isn't the poor recordings that's the problem rather
than the band, who are obviously better musicians than you could ever
hope to be, not to mention more creative, having written dozens of
songs with me while you've yet to manage to even write your first,
Meat.
Meat is easily as creative as any of your friends are, but hasn't had
the same opportunity as the others to write with you.  You can't blame
him for that.  Is this your clumsy way of inviting him to collaborate
with you?  Can't you do any better than that?
Well, put that way, there would be plenty of spots if Meat Plow wanted
to get involved with what we're doing down here, since not everyone
writes with me or even writes at all.

Henry Conley & Brian Mallard have written many songs with me, and most
of that was them coming up with a good guitar riff for the songs that
I came in with words & melody for already... there's a chance that
with MP's vast catalogue of guitar riffs that he'd be able to come up
with something snappy yet original for me to sing the words with.

Then, as you saw, there's all sorts of players who drop in on a show
from time-to-time who didn't write any of the songs with me but play,
anything from lead guitar to piano to bongo slappin'.

--
Will Dockery & Friends at Hogbottom:
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-09 00:08:16 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
I wonder if it isn't the poor recordings that's the problem rather
than the band, who are obviously better musicians than you could ever
hope to be, not to mention more creative, having written dozens of
songs with me while you've yet to manage to even write your first,
Meat.
Meat is easily as creative as any of your friends are, but hasn't had
the same opportunity as the others to write with you.  You can't blame
him for that.  Is this your clumsy way of inviting him to collaborate
with you?  Can't you do any better than that?
Well, put that way, there would be plenty of spots if Meat Plow wanted
to get involved with what we're doing down here, since not everyone
writes with me or even writes at all.
I don't know what all he's into. I figure he's a musician; you're a
musician. Get past all the better musician/more creative bs, and it
might be cool to hear something you all put together just doing your
respective things. I know it'll probably never happen; just a thought.
Will Dockery
2011-05-09 02:43:35 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Who knows? It could happen, maybe... after all, as the archives show,
Meat Plow showed enough interest in "Will Dockery" & "Shadowville"
that he checked into a hotel (Microtel on Saint Mary's Road) not more
than two miles from where I sit right now.

--
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=171668602890135

Will Dockery & Friends back on the sidewalk at Fountain City Coffee,
Broadway in Columbus, GA. Playing my collaborations with Henry Foster
Conley & our old-time favorites. Special guest musicians to be
announced!
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-09 09:32:34 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I don't understand what you mean by that. You two have never met face
to face, have you? I don't think he was following you, if that's what
you're suggesting. The archives certainly document how long you've
known of each other, but how well do you really think you know each
other? Get past the bs, and maybe you can find out. Then again,
maybe you're not all that interested. Again, just a thought.
Will Dockery
2011-05-09 13:54:39 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Well, according to the context of the post, MP seemed to have been
"following" Chuck and just happened to go out of his way by a hundred
miles or so to wind up in a hotel a couple of miles from where I live.

 The archives certainly document how long you've
known of each other, but how well do you really think you know each
other?  Get past the bs, and maybe you can find out.  Then again,
maybe you're not all that interested.  Again, just a thought.
Interesting thoughts, but I guess I can say that I honestly don't
know. I have mentioned the idea that if Meat Plow ever came this way
again that he might actually have a good time sitting in with us, but
I think he might not have responded, or possibly responded negatively,
I don't recall right now.

--
“…The Shadowville All-Stars and their insane menagerie of pickers,
strummers, drummers, bangers, trumpeters, trombonists, chanters,
http://shadowvilleallstars.muddywolf.net/
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-09 14:12:19 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Well, according to the context of the post, MP seemed to have been
"following" Chuck and just happened to go out of his way by a hundred
miles or so to wind up in a hotel a couple of miles from where I live.
Context is an individual thing; we each have our own. Is that really
how he reads to you? I don't read him that way at all. I don't
believe he ever followed Chuck anywhere, and I really, really, really
don't believe he went that far out of his way just to be near you.
That sounds crazy. Admittedly I don't know much about him, but I'm
fairly certain he's not like that. I think you're just infatuated
with him having said he was so close, but didn't care enough to stop
by and introduce himself. I think that would bother me too. I've got
a real good friend in Charlotte who got real upset when he found out
that I drove right by his house twice without stopping in to stay hi
on my way to and from Doo-Nanny. I won't do that again.

OF COURSE I meant say hi, not stay hi. Some Freudian must've slipped
me something.
Will Dockery
2011-05-09 15:43:42 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Well, according to the context of the post, MP seemed to have been
"following" Chuck and just happened to go out of his way by a hundred
miles or so to wind up in a hotel a couple of miles from where I live.
Context is an individual thing; we each have our own.  Is that really
how he reads to you?  I don't read him that way at all.  I don't
believe he ever followed Chuck anywhere,
Yeah, it was probably just the way he wanted it to look to Chuck,
maybe, I'd quote from the original post, but we know how much MP hates
to be remined of what he wrote.

and I really, really, really
don't believe he went that far out of his way just to be near you.
Well, of course I don't really know why MP went so far out of his way,
and actually I don't know how many miles he really went, but really
the fact is that Columbus, Georgia just isn't "on the way" to
anywhere, unless he had some reason to visit Fort Benning... or me.
That sounds crazy.  Admittedly I don't know much about him, but I'm
fairly certain he's not like that.  I think you're just infatuated
with him having said he was so close, but didn't care enough to stop
by and introduce himself.  I think that would bother me too.  I've got
a real good friend in Charlotte who got real upset when he found out
that I drove right by his house twice without stopping in to stay hi
on my way to and from Doo-Nanny.  I won't do that again.
OF COURSE I meant say hi, not stay hi.  Some Freudian must've slipped
me something.
I'll tell you about some events at Hogbottom which will amuse you,
later.

--
Will Dockery & Friends at Hogbottom:
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
Meat Plow
2011-05-09 20:09:12 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I was visiting my girlfriend's relatives in the Clearwater FL area. We
drove this time and stopped near where Dockery lives on the way down and
back. I didn't know he lived there at the time. My only involvement with
Kluck was a call to a number posted as his resulting in no answer and a
drive through part of Jacksonville. This was to call his bluff, I gave
him some references to some scenery that nobody would know about unless
there had been to Jacksonville. So no I wasn't "following Kluck" whatever
the hell that means.
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Will Dockery
2011-05-09 20:47:45 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
So, you took a wrong turn either to or from Clearwater, since the
highway to there (I know since I've made the trip to the highway many
times) is right at 100 miles out of your way? You did this twice?

And you say you suddenly found out where I lived /after/ staying
there? Must have been immediately afterwards, since you were posting
about it something like the next day.

Whatever... heh.

My only involvement with
Post by Meat Plow
Kluck was a call to a number posted as his resulting in no answer and a
drive through part of Jacksonville. This was to call his bluff, I gave
him some references to some scenery that nobody would know about unless
there had been to Jacksonville. So no I wasn't "following Kluck" whatever
the hell that means.
So, you wern't following him, you just drove miles out of your way to
the part of Jacksonville he lives in (just as you just happened to
stay, twice, in a motel not more than two miles from where I am right
now) to "call his bluff". Sounds like if not exactly, you were pretty
close to "following" him, actually.

Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-09 21:27:09 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
What's the matter, Will? You don't believe him? I do. What he wrote
at least sounds plausible. What scenario makes more sense to you, and
why? Are you really incredulous, or are you just being peevish? What
difference does it make to you why he says he went wherever?
Will Dockery
2011-05-09 22:02:38 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I believe that MP may have just happened to have checked into a motel
around two miles from where I sit right now, but I don't believe that
he had no idea that he was in my town, as many posts as I was making
at the time giving specific directions to venues where I was
performing at the time, just as I do now.

I guess that I'm more annoyed that in the same trip Meat Plow followed
Chuck and says he "called his bluff", yet, the two times he stayed
here in Shadowville, he didn't call any bluffs or whatever anyone
might call the results of the happenstance that brought him
practically to my backyard.

Venues and dates were listed for the very nights Meat Plow was in
town, where he could have either sat in with various musicians,
checked out the performers live, or simply came up and said
"Hello."... as far as we know, he did none of these things, yet did
manage to post false assumptions & misrepresentations about me, from
the shelter of his motel room.
at least sounds plausible.  What scenario makes more sense to you, and
why?  Are you really incredulous, or are you just being peevish?  What
difference does it make to you why he says he went wherever?
As I wrote above, and as you point out, it would have been interesting
to have met MP, and since he's supposed to be such a incredible
guitarist, it would have been cool to see & hear him perform for a
bit, either solo or as a part of one of the combos that form at the
various venues.

Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-09 22:37:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
I believe that MP may have just happened to have checked into a motel
around two miles from where I sit right now, but I don't believe that
he had no idea that he was in my town, as many posts as I was making
at the time giving specific directions to venues where I was
performing at the time, just as I do now.
Some people don't pay nearly as close attention to me as they should.
I suspect the same goes for you. We may give specifics, but that
doesn't mean that's what they get.
Post by Will Dockery
I guess that I'm more annoyed that in the same trip Meat Plow followed
Chuck and says he "called his bluff", yet, the two times he stayed
here in Shadowville, he didn't call any bluffs or whatever anyone
might call the results of the happenstance that brought him
practically to my backyard.
Okay, I agree. He could've, maybe should've tried to reach out to you
while he was there, but you've got to admit that you yourself were
pretty shocked when I actually showed up at the Nanny. It wasn't a
usual or expected occurrence for you either. You said I was the first
Usenet acquaintance you'd ever met in person, and you've been posting
for how many years now? How come you never went out of your way to
meet anyone before? Cut the guy a little slack, dude. Get back to
talking about music. That's where you both live; love; what you share
in common. Maybe Meat'll lay down a track or two and e-mail it to
you, then you can work it into something and send it back. Maybe
not. Who knows? Just thinkin'.
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery- Hide quoted text -
Will Dockery
2011-05-10 11:41:32 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
I believe that MP may have just happened to have checked into a motel
around two miles from where I sit right now, but I don't believe that
he had no idea that he was in my town, as many posts as I was making
at the time giving specific directions to venues where I was
performing at the time, just as I do now.
Some people don't pay nearly as close attention to me as they should.
I suspect the same goes for you.  We may give specifics, but that
doesn't mean that's what they get.
Yes, I suppose that it was all just a big coincidence that Meat Plow
happened to make a hundred mile detour on a trip from Ohio to Florida
that landed him into a motel about two miles from where I type this
from right now... and that a day or so later it suddenly dawned on him
that he had been in my hometown.

Life is filled with odd coincidences, after all.
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
I guess that I'm more annoyed that in the same trip Meat Plow followed
Chuck and says he "called his bluff", yet, the two times he stayed
here in Shadowville, he didn't call any bluffs or whatever anyone
might call the results of the happenstance that brought him
practically to my backyard.
Okay, I agree.  He could've, maybe should've tried to reach out to you
while he was there, but you've got to admit that you yourself were
pretty shocked when I actually showed up at the Nanny.
It was pretty surprising, and even better, it turned out to be a
pleasant surprise.

As I've written before, I'm pretty sure that MP would get along really
well with some of the musicians around here. Maybe on your next trip
to Clearwater, MP?

 It wasn't a
Post by Hieronymous Corey
usual or expected occurrence for you either.  You said I was the first
Usenet acquaintance you'd ever met in person, and you've been posting
for how many years now?  How come you never went out of your way to
meet anyone before?
Well, one thing can be said is Meat Plow did go out of his way to come
here, and maybe he planned to meet me, maybe he actually did stop by
and check out one of the shows... even if he doesn't admit it, that
would be pretty cool.

Post by Hieronymous Corey
talking about music.  That's where you both live; love; what you share
in common.  Maybe Meat'll lay down a track or two and e-mail it to
you, then you can work it into something and send it back.  Maybe
not.  Who knows?  Just thinkin'.
I think you know me well enough by now to know that I'd welcome such a
development.
Will Dockery
2011-05-13 08:51:39 UTC
On May 9, 6:37 pm, Hieronymous Corey <***@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip for focus>
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Get back to
talking about music.  That's where you both live; love; what you share
in common.  Maybe Meat'll lay down a track or two and e-mail it to
you, then you can work it into something and send it back.  Maybe
not.  Who knows?  Just thinkin'.
Which was exactly my response to the news that Meat Plow had been so
close by at the time:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/a2e16b2398133921?hl=en
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Having been in Shadowville overnight myself in 2006,
I recall you mentioned you stayed at the Microtel on Williams Road,
which
actually becomes Moon Road, where Parnello's Pizza is located, about
three
miles down from where you were... you should have given me a call, it
would
have been interesting to introduce you to some of the musicians, maybe
write
a song.

--
Will Dockery poetry & music:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Will-Dockery/11309736351
Will Dockery
2011-05-16 23:23:38 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
That would be cool, if MP is actually creating original riffs now, as
far as I know, he's always been a performer of cover songs, never
originals, big difference in the mindset of these two types of
performers, as a current conversation elsewhere explains:

My friend posted:

"FYI... playing open mics does not "water down" someone's likability,
or marketibility factor! Of course, if there's very little talent I
can see why one may think that!"

Which led to multiple responses from multiple people.

I wrote:

Original songs are better for me since I wrote them they can be
performed any way I say so. As Ornette said "It was when I found out I
could make mistakes that I knew I was on to something."

and

Also on a serious note, what satisfaction does one get singing another
man's song? Never figured that out... I write songs & poetry to make a
statement, not do a karaoke parroting of another man's story. Or maybe
these folks that worship other men's songs have no story of their own
to tell? Just curious about such an alien (to me) mindset.

--
Hogbottom footage in Fort Mitchell, Alabama, in this clip: "Wobble",
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
WTF
2011-05-18 11:32:35 UTC
And you still suck!! Actually, a parrot sounds better than you!

another man's story.
Will Dockery
2011-05-18 14:24:15 UTC
Post by WTF
And you still suck!! Actually, a parrot sounds better than you!
Well, thanks for what passes for critique around here, WTF, and here's
a link to some of the material for those who want to find out for
themselves what the work is like, and whether they agree with you:

another man's story.
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-09 21:37:39 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I suppose "following Kluck" means "to call his bluff" whatever the
hell that means. Would it be accurate to suggest that you were simply
attempting to satisfy a curiousity about someone you'd read, and read
about? A friend of mine who lives in the Clearwater area is flying in
tomorrow to work with me for a week.
Will Dockery
2011-05-13 08:30:21 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
That definitely seems to be the basic motive for Meat Plow making such
a big detour from the route (I-75) one would normally take from the
Tampa Bay area to Ohio:

http://www.n-n-a.com/recreational/about377944-0-asc-60.html

Meat Plow Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:18 pm

"...I did however drive from Tampa/St. Pete through Jax on my way back
Oh stopping overnight in Dockery's home town at a Microtel. This was
around July 5th 2006.

You posted a phone number on Usenet that was ficticious of course. I
called while we were in Jax and it did nothing but ring. My stop
wasn't in vain however. I found Adamec Harley on Atlantic Blvd and
bought a shirt.

I called your bluff Kluck and you of course chickened out, Not that I
would have harmed you, that would have violated the law. I just
wanted
to see that old fucking man with the head of a turtle riding his
bicycle..."
A friend of mine who lives in the Clearwater area is flying in
tomorrow to work with me for a week.
Barbara's Cat?

--
Will Dockery poetry & music:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Will-Dockery/11309736351
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-13 19:59:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
No, just some guy I know named Jim, but everybody calls him "Sgt.
Stryker".
Will Dockery
2011-05-13 22:51:05 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Sounds a bit familiar... another Usenet celebrity?

Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-13 23:08:26 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
No. I'm not sure he can even spell Usenet. Real nice guy though. I
love him.
Will Dockery
2011-05-05 10:49:08 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Will Dockery wrote in news:6a02c8e3-af99-49c7-
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are. Guitar tuners are cheap.
I have a clamp on Tune Tech tuner that clamps on the headstock of
any of my guitars, paid around 10 bucks for it. Need to work on that for
sure.
--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
That is odd.

I'll pass your comment around to the band & see what their response to
it is. I've gotten a lot of commentary from that day & later & yours
is the first that mentions the band being "out of tune".

http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
Will Dockery
2011-05-15 10:02:42 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are.
Hmmm... I've spoken with many folks locally and they all agree that
you're either

1.) Mistaken

or

2.) Very jealous

or

3.) Both of the above

Say it ain't so, Joe... heh.

--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-15 10:48:17 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are.
Hmmm... I've spoken with many folks locally and they all agree that
you're either
1.) Mistaken
or
2.) Very jealous
or
3.) Both of the above
Say it ain't so, Joe... heh.
--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery &
I've spoken with many folks locally too, mostly my local Local folks,
and they all agree that I have grievances with my local Local in that
I've been grieviously grieved here locally by my local Local in
writing. Their grievances aren't my grievances of course, but our
grievances aren't that different except on paper. Nevertheless and
for what it's worth, I just felt like I had to say something here in
writing before things went too far and somebody ended up feeling
really grieved by being grieved in writing, you know? For example, I
feel much better already. Thanks for listening, and have a great day!
Will Dockery
2011-05-15 10:58:34 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are.
Hmmm... I've spoken with many folks locally and they all agree that
you're either
1.) Mistaken
or
2.) Very jealous
or
3.) Both of the above
Say it ain't so, Joe... heh.
--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery &
quoted text -
I've spoken with many folks locally too, mostly my local Local folks,
and they all agree that I have grievances with my local Local in that
I've been grieviously grieved here locally by my local Local in
writing.  Their grievances aren't my grievances of course, but our
grievances aren't that different except on paper.  Nevertheless and
for what it's worth, I just felt like I had to say something here in
writing before things went too far and somebody ended up feeling
really grieved by being grieved in writing, you know?  For example, I
feel much better already.  Thanks for listening, and have a great day!
Yeah, I just watched the entire Hogbottom DVD over at Geno's house
last night, along with Sandy Madaris, over his wide screen television,
and we paid close attention. Not a bit of the performance sounded the
least bit out of tune.

Among other locals, Basil said just to thank Meat for watching &
commenting, & Rusty said MP must really be eat up with jealousy. I
tend to think MP's just mistaken.

--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
Hieronymous Corey
2011-05-15 11:51:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are.
Hmmm... I've spoken with many folks locally and they all agree that
you're either
1.) Mistaken
or
2.) Very jealous
or
3.) Both of the above
Say it ain't so, Joe... heh.
--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery &
text -
[...]
You can tell them, and all your other local yokels I said they could
go fuck themselves! I'm already jealous as shit! No need to rub it
in any more than y'all already do do. Doo-Nanny was great, and I'm
sure Hogbottom was better. FUCK Y'ALL for having such a wonderful
time without me!! I HATE YOU ALL FOREVER!! BWA-HAHAHAHAHA!!
Will Dockery
2011-05-15 17:54:36 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Cujo DeSockpuppet
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
I can't believe how out of tune they are.
<snip for brevity>
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, I just watched the entire Hogbottom DVD over at Geno's house
last night, along with Sandy Madaris, over his wide screen television,
and we paid close attention. Not a bit of the performance sounded the
least bit out of tune.
Among other locals, Basil said just to thank Meat for watching &
commenting, & Rusty said MP must really be eat up with jealousy. I
tend to think MP's just mistaken.
You can tell them, and all your other local yokels I said they could
go fuck themselves!  I'm already jealous as shit!  No need to rub it
in any more than y'all already do do.  Doo-Nanny was great, and I'm
sure Hogbottom was better.  FUCK Y'ALL for having such a wonderful
time without me!!  I HATE YOU ALL FOREVER!!  BWA-HAHAHAHAHA!!
Well, maybe you can make it down to Eclectic, Alabama on May 27th, for
the next hootenanny:

http://www.eclecticamericana.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=27

Eclectic Americana Warehouse
Eclectic, AL
Release Date 5/27/11

About Storm Relief Benefit Concert to be Held in Downtown Eclectic,
Alabama May 27th to Provide Local Support for Residents of Elmore
County

With immediate storm disaster relief efforts in full swing, the
Eclectic Americana Music Group announces the Eclectic Disaster Relief
Benefit Concert, to be held at The Warehouse in downtown Eclectic on
Friday, May 27th from 12 noon to 10 p.m. The premier musical event
hosts top notch performers including Gulf Coast Americana group Dread
Clampitt, as well as Eclectic’s Americana Allies, Tuscaloosa’s Red
Clay Revival, Columbus/Phx City bluegrass band the Bibb City Ramblers,
Alabama singer/songwriter Will Dockery, plus many other local and
regional performers who will be appearing continuously on multiple
stages in and outdoors around the venue.

All proceeds from the event will go to the Elmore County Disaster
Relief Fund created by the ECEDA, and chaired by District Judge Glenn
Goggins. The fund is providing direct financial assistance to those
who suffered loss and damage when tornados struck the county with such
destructive force on April 27th. Tickets for the one day event are
$10.

The event website goes live on May 13 and will be updated regularly
with information about confirmed musical performances, tickets and
scheduling. The day’s musical performances will be accompanied by
handmade crafts, flavorful foods, and a local Farmer’s and Artist’s
Market. Please visit www.eclecticamericana.com for more information.

The Eclectic Americana Music Group is committee of the Eclectic
Warehouse, LLC formed to produce the Eclectic Disaster Relief Benefit
Concert. The EADG’s mission is to provide rural economic
revitalization through the employment of Americana music, art,
culture, historic preservation, and community-rebuilding resources

-Randy Judy

--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
Will Dockery
2011-05-06 14:28:34 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Cool!
Thanks for posting, Tom.
Here's some Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From
Overseas" & "Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends Sandy
Madaris, Henry Foster Conley, Geno Woolfolk Jr., Doug Conley, Basil
http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
I can't believe the size of the crowd watching you! That's truly
impressive.
Yes, the crowd was pretty big, not quite visible on camera, though
campers spread hither & yon & so on... Unofficial tally for Hogbottom
2011 is 700 paying guests, & over $9,000 dollars collected for the
House of Heroes, great day, great folks.

Hogbottom footage, in this clip: "Wobble", "She Came From Overseas" &
"Crawford Road Crawl" by Will Dockery & Friends:

http://youtu.be/_XyRCh0kj5w
--
Cujo -  The Official Overseer of Kooks and Trolls in dfw.*,