Doo-Nanny Street Scene & Gas Station Girl / Will Dockery
Will Dockery
2011-04-01 13:09:21 UTC
I hope Doo-Nanny's going well.
It did go well... a lot of changes & transition from traditional anarchy
there, as they gear toward higher populations & problems that will
bring (but a good thing of course), but in many ways it was the best
yet.
I, and many of my friends met Corey during the weekend, every one of
them seem to get along famously with him, moments that made this Doo-
Nanny very memorable, notable & special.
Damn you!  Just for that, write me a 500 words article on the events
of this weekend in prose form
Damn, I read that as "prose poem" somehow, & wrote one... on time,
every word a tight little gem, by my reckoning.

Lyric verse, "Gas Station Girl", also included, as commissioned.
and post it here (.10 per word), and
another 50 words in lyrical verse on any subject you choose. (1.00 per
word)  The article will be assessed.  Make each word count.  I won't
accept crap effort.  The verse is just for shits and giggles.  (MY
shits and giggles, so it better make me fuckin' laugh, bitch!)
Doo-Nanny Street Scene

"If the coffee tasted as good as it smelled we'd never get any sleep."
-Groucho Marx

Thursday with enlightened rouges & Ashville elite, hung like a green
coin, the Woods Of Wonder mostly empty but there was the setup & there
was distant music in the air, I could hear her, feel it coming. The
crossroads seemed more open than before. That was the illusion. Worlds
recolored & imploded, some mine, some hers. Lot 105 handed to me, and
in no hurry to find a guest for these brilliant faculties suddenly I
was aware of differences, I still miss her & things have changed. Ripe
grins, some bearded, others painted. Her sky eyes blue like wispy
unpredictable spring sky, wash of color, glitter, tacked & gilded
distortion, leaden moments gloom pressure & a mobius loop of hip
shrugs & cautious insult. Flashy & finite in her rude circus swagger.
Tricked out voices & persons of dream interest, beyond the tents, in
the pines. Lo-Fi Dream Theatre where flashing image clashes old for
new, innocent grimace, crass posters of dragons, mimes, pimps, truck
stop women, homeless clowns. Comix bafoons in improvised garb,
Shadowville brigands interpret old ceremony & magnet romances & call
it song, transformative verse, statements to the jackstraw boss, a nod
to my dancing as eyes bug, wink, flame, glitter, smile, squint, look
and watch. The clown cut ot of the tent & crossed the lake, on down
the road to Hogbottom. If I'm not there leave the door ajar.

Gas Station Girl

Salsa music at the gas station
rings in my ears
long over, I'm gone
it is still in my ears
jumpy & tragic sounding.

Gas Station Girl
in dreams you are still with me
in one, an adventure
in that big house we lived in...
Good Lord, almost 30 years ago.

Action adventure
hollow film noir
a fragile replay of a harrowing night
when we fought as a team
with flashes of love.

-Will Dockery

--
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery
Hieronymous Corey
2011-04-01 13:30:23 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Music, poetry & video of Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery- Hide quoted text -
Well, I guess that's about the best I could expect you to do on such
short notice, and in that respect worth about what I payed for it. I
don't know whether Katherine would like it or not, but I think you've
represented her pretty well. Have a great weekend. Looks like I've
got a lot of running around to do here.
Will Dockery
2011-04-01 14:23:21 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Ah, well, I kind of like it, but yeah I did have to put a rush on it
to make the deadline.

Post by Hieronymous Corey
don't know whether Katherine would like it or not,
She was one of the few people who did like my poetry, though I'm not
sure if she's recieving the newer work done over the last seven years.
Post by Hieronymous Corey
but I think you've
represented her pretty well.  Have a great weekend.  Looks like I've
got a lot of running around to do here.
I gave you & the Run For Life a good long shout out last night at the
sidewalk show, & led into "Twilight Girl" from there.

--
The big event for music, fun, camping & food this spring is Hogbottom
2011 Music & Bar-B-Que... all your favorite local performers in one

http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=210886818924430
Will Dockery
2011-04-01 20:24:05 UTC
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Back to this with a few more thoughts, it wasn't at all the piece of
writing I envisioned earlier this week when you first posted the idea,
and pieces of /that/ are scattered through the posts of this week,
where I had plenty of fresh images & thoughts & feelings of Doo-Nanny.
Various things have happened in some ways, various bits of information
have surfaced, not a lot but from different sources & enough to give
me pause, & some of it you probably are aware of, or sensed, & some
are even pretty much unrelated. Plus this week turned out more busy &
ended faster than I expected... Friday got here really fast.

Deadline for the idea you had /and/ pretty much the last minute on the
Playgrounds column, and I wound up combining both, & really just
writing it all brand new rather than continuing the ideas & concepts I
was going with on the other days of the week:

http://www.playgroundsmag.com

To The Magic Store by Will Dockery

"If the coffee tasted as good as it smelled we'd never get any sleep."
-Groucho Marx

The big event for music, fun, camping & food this spring is
Hogbottom... all your favorite local performers in one festival!
Hogbottom is one of the highlights of the year in Shadowville, a Rite
of Sping, a doorway to the Summertime Night. Saturday, April 30th with
Will Dockery & Friends, Blue Harvest, The Gravy Robbers, Wildwood
Bluegrass, The Conley Brothers, Shades Of Grey, Jimmy Jam & The Big
Fun, Sean Rox, Katt Redd, The Buddy Harden Band, Fiddlers Blues Band,
Rick Edwards, Don Dixon, Strokin' Dixie, The Shady Branches, Bibb City
Ramblers.

Music Starts about noon, BBQ service starts around 3:00 p.m. Primitive
camping available. Bring your kids, coolers, lounge chairs and
instruments but please no pets. From Phenix City: Take AL 165 South 12
miles to Patterson Road (CR38) then (from both Phenix City and
Eufaula) Go 1/4 of a mile on the right and follow signs
$10 Donation is requested for Admission. All donations will beneift
House of Heroes - a nonprofit organization serving our military and
public safety and their spouses.

http://hogbottom.com

*Doo-Nanny past, Hogbottom future, Relay For Life present*

Doo-Nanny street scene. Thursday with enlightened rouges & Ashville
elite, hung like a green coin, the Woods Of Wonder were mostly empty

Post by Hieronymous Corey
don't know whether Katherine would like it or not,
To tell the truth, she was a harsh critic sometimes... but when she
liked something, she really did.
Post by Hieronymous Corey
but I think you've
represented her pretty well.  Have a great weekend.
Thanks, hope you have a good one, too, Corey... should be a fairly
slow one, here, I'll miss the energy of Doo-Nanny for a while.

The downtown busking show should be back online, on Geno's channel
tonight, if you want to tune in... also Henry & Geno make their debut
Sunday night at Sports Rock Cafe in Ladonia Alabama with their open
mic talent show gig, moved from Del Ranch, which broadcasted last
night, a pretty good one:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/13693991
Post by Hieronymous Corey
Looks like I've
got a lot of running around to do here.
Best of luck with that, & look forward to hearing from you soon, Corey.