Two-car accident on US 431 in Smiths Station
Will Dockery
2015-08-14 00:10:15 UTC
The man in this accident is my old friend of 40 years, and Shadowville Speedway CD cover artist George Sulzbach... may God bless him & help him through this ordeal.

http://www.wtvm.com/story/29779788/update-woman-57-killed-in-two-car-accident-on-us-431-in-smiths-station

SMITHS STATION, AL (WTVM) - A multiple-car accident has been reported along U.S. 431 in Smiths Station AT 9:21 a.m. CST on Thursday.

MORE
East Alabama News

Follow all of the news from East Alabama. MORE
The accident occurred on U.S. 431 near the Buck Wild Saloon, near the 121.5 mile-marker. The two cars involved were a blue 1994 Chevrolet Metro and a red 2011 Chevrolet Corvette.

Synde Conder, a 57-year-old woman from Smiths Station died in the accident, according to Lee County Coroner Bill Harris. She died of blunt force trauma-related injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene at 9:35 a.m. CST. The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said Conder was not wearing a seatbelt.

A male passenger, George Sulzbach, was taken to Midtown Medical Center by an ambulance for treatment. His injuries are unknown, but condition as of Thursday night is said to be critical.

Reports indicate that the Corvette t-boned the Metro after the Metro pulled out in front of the westbound-traveling Corvette. Both cars were towed from the scene.

The driver of the Corvette refused treatment at the scene.

The Alabama State Troopers of the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency is in charge of the accident investigation.

Alcohol is not suspected to have been a factor in the crash. The accident remains under investigation by the State Troopers and the Lee County Coroner's Office.
Will Dockery
2015-08-14 19:53:41 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
The passenger, my friend George Sulzbach (Known to many as an employee at Richardson's gas station near where the accident happened, next door to The Buck Wild Saloon) is doing much better today, and will be moving into a room, away from the Critical Care ward. Good news for a tragic day.

:D
Will Dockery

Great news is I stopped by the hospital yesterday and George Sulzbach has been released and sent home with his sister. :D
Will Dockery
2015-08-20 16:56:56 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
http://artemisrecords.net/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/dockerycover1.jpg
Post by Will Dockery
Great news is I stopped by the hospital yesterday and George Sulzbach has been released and sent home with his sister. :D
Follow ups:

Kimberly Phillippi Montee wrote: Since his family has not been notified, I think you are very rude in giving out his name. He is a close friend of mine and does not know what happened, or that his friend was killed. A little common courtesy would have been appreciated. You are a piece.
Unlike · Reply · 1 · August 13 at 7:25pm

Will Dockery wrote: George has been a close friend of mine for almost 40 years, so I suspect I know best how to handle this. Thanks for your opinion, though. And the family of George Sulzbach did know about the accident almost immediately, since I called his brother Jeff myself, as soon as I learned of it, Kimberly Phillippi Montee. It's all good,I've known the family almost 40 years, including their mom & dad.

And so it goes.
Will Dockery
2016-03-24 19:45:06 UTC
In updated news with George Sulzbach (the story about him and his nearly fatal accident are in this thread) the hospital and insurance company literally stole 8 thousand dollars in settlement money from him last week. So he's ready for a nervous breakdown.

They promised him almost 12,000 until he signed the check, now they say all he gets from the $25,000 is $3000... the hospital is taking the rest, for his three day stay in ICU.

I say he should sue the scoundrels.

Here's the television interview I did with George Sulzbach last year, displaying a lot of his art. Check out "KALEIDOSCOPE "George Sulzbach interview with Will Dockery"

https://www.reverbnation.com/artist/video/12174013
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
And so it went.