Crimson Barrel Saloon / Fort Mitchell, Alabama
Will Dockery
2012-05-01 01:05:01 UTC
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/347783368616990/
Minstrels, come join us at the new "Heaquarters" for Shadowville All-
Stars... there will be room for cameos & inprovisational jamming,
which is a given in my vision of poetics meet sound & vision. Saturday
night at the Crimson Barrel Saloon, and in the weeks ahead!
April 28th at Crimson Barrel Saloon, 588 Highway 165, Fort Mitchell,
Alabama 36856
9pm - Closing.
The "Crimson Barrel" is a little HOLE in the wall place by the looks
of it on Google maps.
It shows up well on Google Maps?

Interesting... I'll have to go have a look-see...

588 Hwy 165, Fort Mitchell Alabama 36856

Check out the large area out behind Crimson Barrel, I'm thinking it'll be
perfect for some nice outdoor shows this Summer & fall.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-01 08:11:51 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/347783368616990/
Minstrels, come join us at the new "Heaquarters" for Shadowville All-
Stars... there will be room for cameos & inprovisational jamming,
which is a given in my vision of poetics meet sound & vision. Saturday
night at the Crimson Barrel Saloon, and in the weeks ahead!
April 28th at Crimson Barrel Saloon, 588 Highway 165, Fort Mitchell,
Alabama 36856
9pm - Closing.
The "Crimson Barrel" is a little HOLE in the wall place by the looks
of it on Google maps.
It shows up well on Google Maps?
Interesting... I'll have to go have a look-see...
588 Hwy 165, Fort Mitchell Alabama 36856
Check out the large area out behind Crimson Barrel, I'm thinking it'll be
perfect for some nice outdoor shows this Summer & fall.
LOL. Have you seen Google Maps? There's no way to "Check out" behind
the place. You could provide a little context and background, like a
story or something, instead of just posting your performance leaflets
here. That would be more interesting to read at least since nobody
here is likely to see the place or you perform there. If you can't
bring your audience to your performance, bring your performance to
this audience. That doesn't mean post another video of you on stage.
It means bring your performance here in writing. Write more. Practice
writing in order to become a better writer. Stop being so afraid of
people criticizing your writing as if they're hurting you personally.
Just write. Enjoy the form. Let people enjoy you. Have fun here, damn
it! THAT'S A FUCKING ORDER. YOU MUST OBEY!
Will Dockery
2012-05-01 19:21:19 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I checked out the Google Maps for "Rosie's Cantina", which is now
Crimson Barrel Saloon, and you can indeed "check out" what the area
behind the bar looks like, just like panning a camera, you can even
zoom in for close-ups and various angle views.

One problem is that Google puts you a block or so south of the actual
building, so you'll have to scroll up an inch or two to see the place.
We're working to get Google to change that a.s.a.p.

Another problem (to us) is that the map listing is still under
"Rosie's". We're working harder to get that corrected a.s.a.p.

Post by Hieronymous 707
story or something, instead of just posting your performance leaflets
here. That would be more interesting to read at least since nobody
here is likely to see the place or you perform there. If you can't
bring your audience to your performance, bring your performance to
this audience. That doesn't mean post another video of you on stage.
It means bring your performance here in writing. Write more. Practice
writing in order to become a better writer. Stop being so afraid of
people criticizing your writing as if they're hurting you personally.
Just write. Enjoy the form. Let people enjoy you. Have fun here, damn
it! THAT'S A FUCKING ORDER. YOU MUST OBEY!
So far, so good... and I'll definitely try to take some of your
excellent advice here, Corey.

Thanks.

Hieronymous 707
Don't do me any fucking favors, asswipe. Do it for yourself!
Will Dockery
2012-05-01 21:42:21 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
story or something, instead of just posting your performance leaflets
here. That would be more interesting to read at least since nobody
here is likely to see the place or you perform there. If you can't
bring your audience to your performance, bring your performance to
this audience. That doesn't mean post another video of you on stage.
It means bring your performance here in writing. Write more. Practice
writing in order to become a better writer. Stop being so afraid of
people criticizing your writing as if they're hurting you personally.
Just write. Enjoy the form. Let people enjoy you. Have fun here, damn
it! THAT'S A FUCKING ORDER. YOU MUST OBEY!
So far, so good... and I'll definitely try to take some of your
excellent advice here, Corey.
Thanks.
Don't do me any fucking favors
I wasn't planning to, pal.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-01 21:46:19 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
[...]
You wasn't planning to do it for yourself though? Or you got offended
by the term asswipe so you felt you had to snip it? What the fuck,
Will? You don't know how to wipe your own ass, or what? What's wrong
with the term asswipe, or Do it yourself?
Will Dockery
2012-05-01 21:50:19 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
[...]
That would be my choice, right?

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-01 22:01:25 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
[...]
What are you asking me? If you have a choice whether to wipe your own
ass or not? Whether you have a choice whether to knowingly offend
someone by cutting text and context? Sure, Will. Life is full of
choices. Don't you think it's about time you started making better
ones?
Will Dockery
2012-05-02 04:39:41 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
What are you asking me?
Not a thing at the moment.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-02 08:41:34 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
What are you asking me?
Not a thing at the moment.
So you mean to be offensive simply for the sake of being offensive?
Will Dockery
2012-05-02 09:08:04 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
So you mean to be offensive simply for the sake of being offensive?
No, but I sure notice that you seem to be going out of your way to
offend me... luckily I've seen almost everything here on Usenet, and
your attempts are rather mild.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-02 09:48:12 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
So you mean to be offensive simply for the sake of being offensive?
No, but I sure notice that you seem to be going out of your way to
offend me... luckily I've seen almost everything here on Usenet, and
your attempts are rather mild.
LOL. I write a lot, yes. I don't go out of my way to write about you
any more than anybody else in this group. This is my home group. I
respond to everybody here. If you post a lot, I'm likely to respond a
lot. So if it seems like I'm going out of my way for you, that's why.
Again, if you feel offended that's on you. Ask around and get a little
perspective on your situation. See if maybe you're judging me or
yourself too harshly. I don't write to offend. I write because I love
to write. It nourishes me. Makes me feel better about people, about
the world, and about myself, like I have a handle on things, how they
work, where they go. Why would I want to offend you? How would that
make me feel better about myself? I'm not necessarily against that
sort of thing, it's just never worked for me is all, and I was
wondering why you think it would.
Will Dockery
2012-05-02 09:51:59 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Why would I want to offend you?
Okay, we've been through this once or twice, I need to try and keep in
mind that you have no intention of offending.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-02 09:55:50 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Why would I want to offend you?
Okay, we've been through this once or twice, I need to try and keep in
mind that you have no intention of offending.
Why did you snip my post THIS time? What offended you about my
paragraph that you couldn't just leave it alone and append whatever
comment you had to make about it or me?
Will Dockery
2012-05-02 10:13:59 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Why would I want to offend you?
Okay, we've been through this once or twice, I need to try and keep in
mind that you have no intention of offending.
Why did you snip my post THIS time?
Just "for brevity"... no offense intended.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-02 10:29:35 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Why would I want to offend you?
Okay, we've been through this once or twice, I need to try and keep in
mind that you have no intention of offending.
Why did you snip my post THIS time?
Just "for brevity"... no offense intended.
What does that even mean? Who are you quoting and why? I told you it
was offensive when you snip, no matter why you snip. So on some level
you know it's offensive to me specifically when you snip, no matter
why you snip. So how could you possibly say no offense intended when
you mean specifically to do exactly what you know to be offensive? Why
be offensive when you have a choice not to be, Will?
Will Dockery
2012-05-03 17:22:22 UTC
Why be offensive when you have a choice not to be, Will?
You have to know I wonder exactly the same thing about you, Corey.

And I know, I know,,, here's where you'll just reply that you're not
doing anything "offensive", even though I may have just posted that
you did.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-03 17:42:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Why be offensive when you have a choice not to be, Will?
You have to know I wonder exactly the same thing about you, Corey.
And I know, I know,,, here's where you'll just reply that you're not
doing anything "offensive", even though I may have just posted that
you did.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Yeah, maybe somebody else can explain it better to you. When you think
you're being offended by me, you sure ain't diggin' where I'm coming
from is all.
Will Dockery
2012-05-03 17:44:40 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Yeah, maybe somebody else can explain it
Ask around then, I'm weary of trying to explain things to you, pal.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-03 18:44:28 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Yeah, maybe somebody else can explain it
Ask around then, I'm weary of trying to explain things to you, pal.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
I have, Will. I have. I've talked to several people about you. I've
talked to Fred and Bob from here on the phone recently, as well as
various other friends, family, professionals in various fields
including a psychiatrist friend of mine and two clinical psychologists
from a local school who I used to play golf with. The consensus is
that you don't get what you don't get and probably never will, and
that I'm just beating my head against a wall trying to educate and
inform you. I'm supposed to take solace in the fact that your feckless
foil provides me opportunity to write, and that perhaps someone not so
stricken as you might gain by picking up on and devouring what you
leave wholly undigested.
Will Dockery
2012-05-04 02:00:23 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
I've talked to several people about you.
That's nice... I regret to report that I haven't discussed you with
anyone for almost a year, now.

Regretably it seems you're a pretty forgetable character.
'
--
Under The Radar (for Sam Singer)/ Will Dockery
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12609809
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-04 02:08:26 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
I've talked to several people about you.
That's nice... I regret to report that I haven't discussed you with
anyone for almost a year, now.
Regretably it seems you're a pretty forgetable character.
'
--
Under The Radar (for Sam Singer)/ Will Dockeryhttp://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12609809
Don't I know it. Angel keeps me grounded, reminds me who I am almost
every day. Now she's started calling me Hieronymous as often as not so
I really have no idea who the fuck I am anymore. Have you thought
about Mother's Day yet? I just know she'd love a peace of an
Angel.LOL.

www.hieronymous707.blogspot.com
Hieronymous 707
no comment.
Will Dockery
2012-05-07 22:07:44 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
every day. Now she's started calling me Hieronymous as often as not so
I really have no idea who the fuck I am anymore. Have you thought
about Mother's Day yet? I just know she'd love a peace of an
Angel.LOL.
www.hieronymous707.blogspot.com
no comment.
That's refreshing!

Hieronymous 707
no comment.
Will Dockery
Likewise.
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-07 22:21:26 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Hieronymous 707
every day. Now she's started calling me Hieronymous as often as not so
I really have no idea who the fuck I am anymore. Have you thought
about Mother's Day yet? I just know she'd love a peace of an
Angel.LOL.
www.hieronymous707.blogspot.com
no comment.
That's refreshing!
--
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
no comment.
Likewise.- Hide quoted text -
no comment.
Will Dockery
2012-05-14 04:20:45 UTC
The official line on the Crimson Barrel Saloon, from:

http://playgroundsmag.com

To The Magic Store by Will Dockery

"What's the use in dreaming? We got better things to do. Dreams never
did work out for me anyway... even when they did come true." -Bob
Dylan

*** Crimson Barrel Saturday Night Music Showcase ***

Great show Saturday April 28th as we launched the The Crimson Barrel
live music Saturday events with Will Dockery & The Shadowville
All-Stars opened by The Katy & Jack Thing. Many of y'all will remember
Crimson Barrel Saloon as Rocky's, then Rosie's Cantina, just past the
Fort Mitchell Military Cemetary, and near the lower (Lawson Airfield)
entrance to Fort Benning on Highway 165. I met the owners Lindsey &
Phillip, and have commited to helping them develop into a world class
venue for the local talent in the coming months:

* Saturday May 5th at Crimson Barrel we've got the sweet & talented
Brittany Avery for the "Brittany Avery / Cinco de Mayo party!" which
will be a groovy scene indeed.

* May 12th we will have The Katy And Jack Thing (Katy Clyde, Jack
Snipe, John Phillips & Henry Holmes) returning in the headliner spot,
with me & my Shadowville All-Stars as openers.

* On Saturday May 19th Crimson Barrel presents Brandon Holden, kicking
new country rock originals and favorites,

* We round out May with Brian Mallard & Renegade on the 26th, again
opened by Will Dockery & my Shadowville All-Stars. So come on out to
Fort Mitchell, Alabama (Fort Mitchell), for some of the best in local
music & poetics. http://www.reverbnation.com/brianmallard

That's The Crimson Barrel Saloon, 588 Highway 165, Fort Mitchell,
Alabama 36856. 9pm - Closing.

*** Echobeast debut Cullman Civic Center Sept 14-15 Culman Alabama ***

The Annual Space Rock Con at Cullman Civic Center Sept 14-15 in Culman
Alabama is a festival for: "...space rock and psychedelic but also for
classic rock.electronic, progressive, metal, experimental and anything
strange.It is also for the sci-fi fans along with
fantasy,mystics,pagans,gamers,music memorbia and anyone who wants to
come and hang out and listen to wild music."

Echobeast is a Space Rock project spearheaded by Bibb City Rambler
Brian Fowler, who describes it thusly: "...ECHOBEAST is in the Studio
recording the album "Chariots of Affliction" with Brian Fowler guitar,
therimen, vocals, Charles Fowler-drums,vocals, Jorge Antonio-Bueno-
bass, vocals, with special guesrJohn Pack of SPACESEED and many
guests. Folks in this group are Friends and folks I want to be apart
of the cd. Or your in the loop... Peace..."

The first Echobeast single is available on CD-Baby:
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/echobeast

*** Hogbottom 2012 a great success ***

I don't have a solid figure on what Hogbottom 2012 took in for the
House Of Heroes this year but rumor has it it was almost double the
$10,000 we raised last year. Deatails next month. A special thanks to
*all* my friends who joined me onstage at Hogbottom & made the show
such a winner, since it was an
ensemble effect & not just any one person that made it all work in the
end, as we know...

Christy Cabaron-Fowler for capturing the audacious & iconic images we
are left with, Patricia Suddeth (tamborine & vocals), Don White
(guitar), Basil Fitzpatrick (guitar), Henry Foster Conley (who stepped
in at the last minute on guitar), Sandy Madaris (vocals), Derundo
Jenkins (drums) & Doug Conley (bass), John Phillips (accordian &
sailor pipe), Geno Woolfolk (flute & keys) & Dana Dodd (tomborine &
vocals) each one of you contributed something crucial to the poetics &
sound of *whatever* I call the fellow travellers & comrades who join
me at various moments in the Zeitgeist.

Thank you *all*, & Live Long & Prosper, my Friends.

Swamp Street Exile

Winterworld descends
Night owl on my back.
Your eyes are bleary
you won't be coming back.

Time... Demands
She's yelling.
Shut down clocks
at Noon.

In front of the Dead River
time to leave your smile.
If I'm wrong dear'lady
Come sit with me a while.

Memories... Like
Snowdust.
Swamp Street Exile
Tune.

Draw another picture
Of a perfect storm.
A red October morning
A field forever gone.

My wayward muse,
Leave it all to me.
Still in the bewilderness
Still too blind to see.

Time demands, she's yelling
shutdown clocks at noon.
Memories like snowdust
Frozen Stopwatch moon..

Words- Will Dockery
Music- Rusty Wood
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-14 11:45:15 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
The official line
no comment.
Adam Lynn
2012-05-04 06:33:00 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Yeah, maybe somebody else can explain it
Ask around then, I'm weary of trying to explain things to you, pal.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Put yourself in Corey's shoes Will. You know how
it pisses you off when I cut up your poems.
When I found out that it bothered you I told you
that I was sorry and I promised that I would
stop doing it. Corey has asked you not to snip
his posts. You know that it bothers him when
you do it. Do unto others Will.

Bob
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-04 09:30:55 UTC
Post by Adam Lynn
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Yeah, maybe somebody else can explain it
Ask around then, I'm weary of trying to explain things to you, pal.
--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Put yourself in Corey's shoes Will. You know how
it pisses you off when I cut up your poems.
When I found out that it bothered you I told you
that I was sorry and I promised that I would
stop doing it. Corey has asked you not to snip
his posts. You know that it bothers him when
you do it. Do unto others Will.
Bob
No worries, Bob. Do unto others is exactly what Will's doing, getting
me back for all the offensive things I wrote about him.
Will Dockery
2012-05-04 19:51:46 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Do unto others is exactly what Will's doing, getting
me back for all the offensive things I wrote about him.
Actually, all I did was snip your offensive rudeness... which you
claim offended you.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-04 20:03:26 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Do unto others is exactly what Will's doing, getting
me back for all the offensive things I wrote about him.
Actually, all I did was snip your offensive rudeness... which you
claim offended you.
If somebody is busy talking about you in a way that attracts attention
in big room full of people who have nothing better to do than eaves
drop and listen in on other people's conversations and all you ever do
is cut him off and complain about how he's talking to you rather than
take it all in good fun and enjoy the commotion he makes and the free
promotion you'd otherwise benefit from if you weren't so busy try to
tell him how rude and offensive he is. Get the fuck out of your own
head and out of your own way to see the bigger picture. Fuck. I do
like you, but got damn you're stupidly stubborn. No shit. No offense.
That's just how you are.
Will Dockery
2012-05-04 20:25:53 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
If somebody is busy talking about you in a way that attracts attention
in big room full of people who have nothing better to do than eaves
drop and listen in on other people's conversations and all you ever do
is cut him off and complain about how he's talking to you rather than
take it all in good fun and enjoy the commotion he makes and the free
promotion you'd otherwise benefit from if you weren't so busy try to
tell him how rude and offensive he is. Get the fuck out of your own
head and out of your own way to see the bigger picture. Fuck. I do
like you, but got damn you're stupidly stubborn. No shit. No offense.
That's just how you are.
Okay, all that's noted... I have to run to catch a birthday party, so
ttyl.

Hieronymous 707
Have a happy birthday suit. Party nekid.
Will Dockery
2012-05-05 02:57:39 UTC
Come party with Crimson Barrel & Rocket Triolgy on the Fifth Day of
May!

http://​www.reverbnation.com/​rockettrilogy

The members of Rocket Trilogy have played together in numerous bands
for the past 7 years, backing up different singers. They decided to
start playing out as a trio because they enjoy playing together. They
are capable of playing nearly any genre, except maybe polka.

Zack Gamble- Guitar and vocals
Kile Hussey- Drums
Heath Williamson- bass and vocals
Fred Hall
Broken link, Dockery. Can you fix it?
Will Dockery
2012-05-05 04:06:56 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
The members of Rocket Trilogy have played together in numerous bands
for the past 7 years, backing up different singers. They decided to
start playing out as a trio because they enjoy playing together. They
are capable of playing nearly any genre, except maybe polka.
Zack Gamble- Guitar and vocals
Kile Hussey- Drums
Heath Williamson- bass and vocals
Broken link, Dockery.  Can you fix it?
I sure can, Fred... Zack, Kile & Heath have paid their dues all over
town and the South (Heath played bass for me at a show just last
Saturday, for example), and great to be able to see-hear them doing
what they do and getting the full spotlight.

The link above will surely work now... Heck here it is, for good
measure:

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockettrilogy
Fred Hall
Yep, that worked. Decent version of Pride and Joy. Thanks.
Will Dockery
2012-05-06 18:19:28 UTC
Will Dockery wrote in
Post by Will Dockery
The members of Rocket Trilogy have played together in numerous bands
for the past 7 years, backing up different singers. They decided to
start playing out as a trio because they enjoy playing together. They
are capable of playing nearly any genre, except maybe polka.
Zack Gamble- Guitar and vocals
Kile Hussey- Drums
Heath Williamson- bass and vocals
Broken link, Dockery.  Can you fix it?
I sure can, Fred... Zack, Kile & Heath have paid their dues all over
town and the South (Heath played bass for me at a show just last
Saturday, for example), and great to be able to see-hear them doing
what they do and getting the full spotlight.
The link above will surely work now... Heck here it is, for good
http://www.reverbnation.com/rockettrilogy
Yep, that worked.  Decent version of Pride and Joy.  Thanks.
They did a good job last night.

Now we look forward to next week's show:

"...Katy & The Ringers, a blend of blues-bluegrass-jazz-rock-​folk-
funk-ish type music, aided & enabled by the folk-rock, protest & word-
jazz stylings of the Will Dockery Project."

Katy & The Ringers: http://​chattyhoocheemomma.com/​katyandjackthing/

Will Dockery Project:
http://​www.reverbnation.com/​willdockery
Will Dockery

Hieronymous 707
no comment
Will Dockery
2012-05-17 10:50:26 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Hieronymous 707
Have a happy birthday suit. Party nekid.
Indeed... thanks.
no comment
You already did comment.

--
"Bang A Gong" / Clyde Baker Tribute show:

Hieronymous 707
"We know." no comment.
Will Dockery
2012-05-17 12:28:44 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Hieronymous 707
Have a happy birthday suit. Party nekid.
Indeed... thanks.
no comment
You already did comment.
"We know."
You should.

--
Clyde Baker Tribute show:
http://youtu.be/Sy5Ap-N5sxA
Hieronymous 707
Okay, comment. Happy now?
Will Dockery
2012-05-17 13:02:30 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Hieronymous 707
Have a happy birthday suit. Party nekid.
Indeed... thanks.
no comment
You already did comment.
"We know."
You should.
Okay, comment. Happy now?
Doing good so far this morning...

--
Clyde Baker Tribute show:
http://youtu.be/Sy5Ap-N5sxA
Hieronymous 707
Right. no comment.
Will Dockery
On.
Will Dockery
2012-05-18 03:01:44 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Do unto others is exactly what Will's doing, getting
me back for all the offensive things I wrote about him.
Actually, all I did was snip your offensive rudeness... which you
claim offended you.
If somebody is busy talking about you in a way that attracts attention
in big room full of people who have nothing better to do than eaves
drop and listen in on other people's conversations and all you ever do
is cut him off and complain about how he's talking to you rather than
take it all in good fun and enjoy the commotion he makes and the free
promotion you'd otherwise benefit from if you weren't so busy try to
tell him how rude and offensive he is. Get the fuck out of your own
head and out of your own way to see the bigger picture. Fuck. I do
like you, but got damn you're stupidly stubborn. No shit. No offense.
That's just how you are.
Okay, Corey... you do have a point.

Can I apologize and let's get back to some interesting discussions,
and so on?

Stay tuned for announcements on future shows from Will Dockery & The
Shadowville All-Stars as we find new venues to showcase our music &
poetry. Meanwhile, songs, poems & other cultural artifacts can be
found at the Reverb Nation site:

http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-18 12:55:04 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
[...]
Nope, you apparently can't apologize to me. You haven't been able to
do so sincerely in the whole time I've known you, which now goes back
a dozen years or so. You see insult where there is none, and have
accused me of so many things I've lost count. Even when I say "no
comment" you insult me, repeatedly. You even told me I lack personal
"integrity". Do you even know what I do for a living and how that kind
of comment affects people's perception, even if you don't really mean
it? Worst of all, you act like we're not friends. That hurts more than
anything. So, no. I don't think you can apologize in any meaningful
way. No offense. There just isn't any evidence to suggest you are even
capable of that much introspection.
Will Dockery
2012-05-18 21:30:24 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Nope, you apparently can't apologize to me. You haven't been able to
do so sincerely in the whole time I've known you, which now goes back
a dozen years or so. You see insult where there is none, and have
accused me of so many things I've lost count. Even when I say "no
comment" you insult me, repeatedly. You even told me I lack personal
"integrity". Do you even know what I do for a living and how that kind
of comment affects people's perception, even if you don't really mean
it? Worst of all, you act like we're not friends. That hurts more than
anything. So, no. I don't think you can apologize in any meaningful
way. No offense. There just isn't any evidence to suggest you are even
capable of that much introspection.
Okay, at least I tried, and offered you an apology... I won't go into
what I know about the value in having the grace to accept an apology.

No comment on that, I reckon.

--
The Will Dockery Project version of the Clyde Baker classic "Seems To
Be No Time", recorded Live at Del Ranch last night: Will Dockery &
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22662480/highlight/264305
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-18 21:42:32 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
[...]
Please show me exactly where you offered an apology. You asked if you
could apologize. You did'nt offer one, or say that you were going to
apologize, which of course you still haven't. Excuse. Excuse. My
honest answer is no, I don't think you know how to give an honest
apology. If you'd like to prove me wrong, and show that you do
actually know how to make a proper apology to someone, then go right
ahead. Be my guest. Apologize to your heart's content and we'll see
what happens, okay?
Will Dockery
2012-05-18 23:13:59 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Please show me exactly where you offered an apology. You asked if you
could apologize. You did'nt offer one, or say that you were going to
apologize, which of course you still haven't. Excuse. Excuse. My
honest answer is no, I don't think you know how to give an honest
apology. If you'd like to prove me wrong, and show that you do
actually know how to make a proper apology to someone, then go right
ahead. Be my guest. Apologize to your heart's content and we'll see
what happens, okay?
Okay, I'll do that... which event do you want me to apologizze for?

--
The Will Dockery Project / "Seems To Be No Time":
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22662480/highlight/264305
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-18 23:37:22 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Please show me exactly where you offered an apology. You asked if you
could apologize. You did'nt offer one, or say that you were going to
apologize, which of course you still haven't. Excuse. Excuse. My
honest answer is no, I don't think you know how to give an honest
apology. If you'd like to prove me wrong, and show that you do
actually know how to make a proper apology to someone, then go right
ahead. Be my guest. Apologize to your heart's content and we'll see
what happens, okay?
Okay, I'll do that... which event do you want me to apologizze for?
I really couldn't care less what you apologize for. You've done enough
to have to apologize for a lot of things, but you sure haven't hurt my
feelings, so I really don't care what it is. Sincere apologies benefit
the one doing the apologizing more than the person being apologized
to. It's a purgative, cleansing, character building type of thing. I'm
just here to help you get it off your chest, whatever it is.
ggamble
2012-05-19 05:45:56 UTC
Your first, and every subsequent usenet post.
Peter J Ross
2012-05-23 15:44:25 UTC
In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Sat, 19 May 2012 05:45:56 GMT, ggamble
Post by ggamble
Post by Will Dockery
which event do you want me to apologizze for?
Your first, and every subsequent usenet post.
Perhaps he might be willing to apologise or apologize instead.
Apologizzing sounds like too much fun for the apologizzer, and we
don't want an illiterate net.vandal to have fun.
--
PJR :-) | οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ, τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-23 17:06:15 UTC
Post by ggamble
 which event do you want me to apologizze for?
Your first, and every subsequent usenet post.
Perhaps he might be willing to apologise or apologize instead.
Apologizzing sounds like too much fun for the apologizzer, and we
don't want an illiterate net.vandal to have fun.
It needn't be a chore. I'm happy to accept your apology too. Whenever
you're ready.
Will Dockery
2012-05-28 05:39:42 UTC
Post by ggamble
Your first, and every subsequent usenet post.
This from the man who gave the world such poems as "Pete The Dog" &
"Regrets of the 'Nam"... heh

--
Gone Too Far / Will Dockery Project:
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Adam Lynn
Liar!
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-28 13:51:47 UTC
Liar!
LOL. Okay, okay! Alright already! I confess! I'm a Liar too! Here,
read for yourself. See how good you are. Find the lie. I promise,
there is at least one to be found in the following, maybe more. We'll
see. Test yourself.

Hey, Bob. I wanted to both say and pass on a thank you. Okay, ladies
first. Angel saw that you'd linked to her jewelry and really, really
thought that was a very nice thing you did. She wanted me to say
thanks, and asked after the piece you bought. I think she's wondering
whether or not, or how much you liked the piece itself, as opposed to
'buying' into and supporting the whole Hieronymous House thing and my
bullshit and whatnot. You were her 'first', and she has since sold
five more. Whether or not your specific link actually resulted in any
of those additional sales is irrelevant to her. She still holds you
personally 'responsible', so when she said, "Wow, I can't believe he
did that for me. Tell him I really said thank you." I knew I had to
pass her comment along word for word. Okay, so enough of her thank
you. Now mine. Thanks. (I really mean it. I'm just a man of few words.)
Adam Lynn
The piece is lovely.
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-29 11:44:42 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
[...]
The piece is lovely.- Hide quoted text -
Damn. I know you meant well, but when I said you said "The piece is
lovely." ... Well, it didn't get a favorable reaction. At first I
thought it must've been the way I relayed your message, like maybe I
just said it wrong. So I said it again, except trying to sound more
upbeat and positive. She still didn't buy it, so I showed exactly what
you wrote here in context. "What a condescending little shit. Oh well,
he's stuck with it now. Fuck him." Sorry, Bob.
Will Dockery
Lying about what, Adam?
Adam Lynn
Mo' Contemn.
Will Dockery
2012-05-28 18:48:17 UTC
Post by Adam Lynn
Post by Will Dockery
Liar!
Lying about what, Adam?
Mo' Contemn.
BTW, I notice you didn't respond to my rebuttal to your false
accusation you made against me today, so in case you missed it:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.arts.poetry.comments/msg/788f2090ab8976a4?hl=en&dmode=source
Post by Adam Lynn
You posted a title and provided a link.
No poem was snipped. Don't lie.
Are you incapable of reading a thread?!?

The first post in this thread goes like this:

Left in my "Drafts" box for a long time for some reason, comments &
critique
Post by Adam Lynn
Sky Song
Post by Will Dockery
Sky songs written with cloud and light,
and numbers, look that up,
to a point, I see it and the sound echoes off the brick.
Queen of darkness, she's out of sight,
our lady of the earth.
Tall and hot,
travel lightly.
Mispoken, I did not know the details then,
it's real clear to me now.
Into the breath,
ringing down from the sky.
Poems the sky writes on slick paper,
wet ink glistens on the leaves and grass.
She has cartoon red hair,
he is the man with the finger flow,
then they become as one on the floor.
It is clear to me now,
what am I to say on this strange warm night?
I am as a statue.
The moon sings,
my heart rings with a strange new sadness.
-Will Dockery
HTH & HAND.

Adam Lynn
Petulance will get you nowhere.
Will Dockery
2012-05-28 19:23:56 UTC
Sky Song

Post by Adam Lynn
and numbers, look that up,
to a point, I see it and the sound echoes off the brick.
Queen of darkness, she's out of sight,
our lady of the earth.
Tall and hot,
travel lightly.
Mispoken, I did not know the details then,
it's real clear to me now.
Into the breath,
ringing down from the sky.
Poems the sky writes on slick paper,
wet ink glistens on the leaves and grass.
She has cartoon red hair,
he is the man with the finger flow,
then they become as one on the floor.
It is clear to me now,
what am I to say on this strange warm night?
I am as a statue.
The moon sings,
my heart rings with a strange new sadness.
-Will Dockery
Petulance
Not at all, just making my point that you were misteaken when you
falsely accused me of lying.

Glad to clear up your confusion.

Adam Lynn
2012-05-28 21:35:16 UTC
Post by ggamble
Your first, and every subsequent usenet post.
This from the man who gave the world such poems as "Pete The Dog" &
"Regrets of the 'Nam"... heh
--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Liar!
Lying about what, Adam?
"Gary Gamble" is a very common name and
if "Our Gary" says he didn't write "Regrets
of the 'Nam" then we should take his word
for it.
Will
Dockery
Jan. 24,
2011
George Dance
2012-05-28 22:09:01 UTC
Post by ggamble
Your first, and every subsequent usenet post.
This from the man who gave the world such poems as "Pete The Dog" &
"Regrets of the 'Nam"... heh
--
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Liar!
Lying about what, Adam?
     "Gary Gamble" is a very common name and
      if "Our Gary" says he didn't write "Regrets
      of the 'Nam" then we should take his word
      for it.
But, since "our Gary" has also posted that Will wrote it, and that Tom
Bishop wrote it, and that Chuck Lysaght wrote it, and that I wrote it,
and that a different Gary Gamble wrote it, and that "our Gary" doesn't
know who wrote it, which word should we take? And how should we
account for those other lies of his?
the messenjah
Corey. You're an asshole.
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-19 08:37:18 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
[...]
Corey. You're an asshole.- Hide quoted text -
Chuck. I have an asshole. How's yours?
Will Dockery
2012-05-21 19:23:41 UTC
This Saturday my comrade & fellow traveller Brian Mallard will be
performing his rock-n-roll tunes at the CB in Fort Mitchell. We have
worked together nearly a decade and Brian has proven to be a loyal
friend and creative collaborator... see the link below.

I came across a nice version of "Last Dream Today", written by Will
Dockery & Brian Mallard, but not certain of who all the players on
this are. Obviously Henry Conley's guitar & Geno Woolfolk's flute but
otherwise not sure. Does that seem like you or Derundo Jenkins, John
Phillips? Seems like Sandy Madaris on backing vocals..?

Quite a mystery track from The Shadowville All-Stars archives:

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_12951962
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-21 22:04:28 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
This Saturday my comrade
no comm
unist.
Will Dockery
2012-05-24 04:16:54 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
This Saturday my comrade
no comm
unist.
Yes, you seem to be an all American from what I know of you.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-24 10:25:02 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
This Saturday my comrade
no comm
unist.
Yes, you seem to be an all American from what I know of you.
LOL. Yep, that's just a joke on you sayin "comrade" is all. I'm
actually a career rank and file Union member, and I'm all for people
having civil liberties and whatnot, so just by saying that right there
makes some people think I'm very Un-American, which really couldn't be
further from the Truth. I just don't know how to talk to people
usually, that's all. Or even what to say. But I really don't mean
anybody any harm so I try to stay out of the way and pretty much to
myself as much as possible. Except for when I'm here, of course. This
is the only place I have to just let it all hang out, if you know what
I mean.
Will Dockery
2012-05-26 05:25:26 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
This Saturday my comrade
no comm
unist.
Yes, you seem to be an all American from what I know of you.
LOL. Yep, that's just a joke on you sayin "comrade" is all. I'm
actually a career rank and file Union member, and I'm all for people
having civil liberties and whatnot, so just by saying that right there
makes some people think I'm very Un-American, which really couldn't be
further from the Truth. I just don't know how to talk to people
usually, that's all. Or even what to say. But I really don't mean
anybody any harm so I try to stay out of the way and pretty much to
myself as much as possible. Except for when I'm here, of course. This
is the only place I have to just let it all hang out, if you know what
I mean.
Yeah, I kind of gathered that much.

Will Dockery
2012-05-14 19:33:11 UTC
In spite of poor acoustics, sound snafus & logistical difficulties, we
pulled out a good show in Fort Mitchell, Alabama Saturday night, Katy.
Thanks to fellow travellers Stan & Marsha, Brian, Jack, Terry & Gary,
& all the friends who joined us onstage & off. Special thanks to
Lindsey & Phillip for putting up with Rock & Roll Animals like me &
The Shadowville All-Stars, it was a short but interesting ride.

Hope you'll join me & my comrades Wednesday for TONIGHT IS MINE!-A
tribute to Clyde Baker live at "THE LOFT" hosted by our beloved
brother Basil Fitzpatrick... & until we meet again:

Keep on rocking in the Free World!

--
Red Lipped Stranger / Shadowville All-Stars
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_8798203
Hieronymous 707
2012-05-14 20:00:25 UTC
no comment.
Will Dockery
2012-05-14 21:05:55 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
In spite of poor acoustics, sound snafus &
no comment.
You already did comment on just the above... doing what I can to get
better with all that, in baby steps.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-14 21:15:12 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
baby steps.
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_87982
no comment.
Will Dockery
2012-05-14 21:22:45 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
baby steps.
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_87982
no comment.
Actually, "no comment" *is* a comment of sorts.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-14 23:53:24 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Actually, "no comment" *is*
no comment
Will Dockery
2012-05-15 17:07:40 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Actually, "no comment" *is*
no comment
Which becomes a "comment", of course.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-15 17:30:18 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Actually, "no comment" *is*
no comment
Which becomes
no comment
Will Dockery
2012-05-15 17:35:07 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Which becomes
no comment
And is thus a "comment" after all.

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-15 17:45:27 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous 707
Post by Will Dockery
Which becomes
no comment
And is thus
no comment
Will Dockery
2012-05-15 18:02:02 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
no comment
"We know."

Hieronymous 707
2012-05-15 18:12:13 UTC
Post by Hieronymous 707
no comment
"We no comment."
Will Dockery
2012-05-22 16:53:11 UTC
http://wn.com/hogbottom

A nice collection of the Hogbottom videos as shown on Cable TV of East
Alabama (CTVEA), produced by Rusty Wood.
Will Dockery
2012-05-30 20:58:41 UTC
==== Hogbottom 2012 Rasied $ For Veterans =====

This just in from Dave, founder of Hogbottom:

"...It's hard to believe but, against all gloomy forecasts we got
through our 7th Annual Hog Bottom with no rain! I am afraid the odds
are stacking against us and one year we will get wet but, not this
year! To all those dear friends and family that made generous
donations, helped with the gate, cooked, served food, sold active
wear, cleaned-up, parked cars, played music, helped to spread the
word, and or in any way helped with this year's event, THANK YOU!
Also, to those of you that thought twice when you saw my number pop up
on your phones in those weeks leading up to Hog Bottom, THANK YOU for
answering! Even with rain in the forecast, we had around 700 in
attendance but, more importantly, we cleared $10,355.00 for the House
of Heroes! This will allow us to sponsor at least six and almost seven
houses of our needy military and public service veterans. What a
great way to offer our appreciation for their sacrifices to ensure our
safety and freedom!Plans are already underway for Hog Bottom 8 and I
invite any thoughts you may have for changes or improvements. The
exact date hasn't been set but, expect late April again next year. I
look forward to seeing you there!"

Indeed... on to Hogbottom 2013!

http://wn.com/hogbottom

A nice collection of the Hogbottom videos as shown on Cable TV of East
Alabama (CTVEA), produced by Rusty Wood. Davey Pattillo's annual music
and bbq festival in Fort Mitchell to raise money for the House of
Heroes. Produced by Rusty Wood for EATV 7. Bands include: Bibb City
Ramblers, Will Dockery and Friends, Glaz Wind, The Conley Brothers,
Katt Redd, and The Buddy Harden Band.

Will Dockery
2012-05-26 22:04:53 UTC
As for a name, something like Brian Mallard Band seems about perfect,
& most descriptive of what you do & your band is about... also because
of length I'm easing out of using The Shadowville All-Stars for that
reason & am billing my shows the Will Dockery Project now, as you
know, which is basically you, Jack Snipe & Gary Frankfurth & whatever
hotshot All-Star types that join in with us. Speaking of Shadowville
All-Stars, I note that two of the most illustrious of all, John
Phillip & Gini Woolfolk Davidson are backing you at Fort Mitchell,
Alabama tonight... I'll have to drop by with my entourage for a listen
& a hello to my friends.

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_11596860
Will Dockery
2012-05-30 05:32:03 UTC
Shadowville:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/TI53I6QB63CRB4Q5C/p2

A slightly bizarre discussion on Shadowville, including a "Will
Dockery" forger/impersonator, & an odd person called "Miss
Shadowville"... one of my responses:

Heh... that's hilarious, someone telling me what "they do" in
Shadowville.

Perhaps you're unaware that Shadowville is the fictional alternate
universe where most of my poems, stories and songs are set.

I created Shadowville back in the early 1990s.

But have fun, "Miss Shadowville", that's one reason I invented the
mythos.
Adam Lynn
2012-05-30 05:45:27 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/TI53I6QB63CRB4Q5C/p2
A slightly bizarre discussion on Shadowville, including a "Will
Dockery" forger/impersonator, & an odd person called "Miss
Heh... that's hilarious, someone telling me what "they do" in
Shadowville.
Perhaps you're unaware that Shadowville is the fictional alternate
universe where most of my poems, stories and songs are set.
I created Shadowville back in the early 1990s.
But have fun, "Miss Shadowville", that's one reason I invented the
mythos.
Little shadows, little shadows
Dancing on the chamber wall,
While I sit beside the hearthstone
Where the red flames rise and fall.
Caps and nightgowns, caps and nightgowns,
My three antic shadows wear;
And no sound they make in playing,
For the six small feet are bare.

Dancing gayly, dancing gayly,
To and fro all together,
Like a family of daisies
Blown about in windy weather;
Nimble fairies, nimble fairies,
Playing pranks in the warm glow,
While I sing the nursery ditties
Childish phantoms love and know.

Now what happens, now what happens?
One small shadow's tumbled down:
I can see it on the carpet
Softly rubbing its hurt crown.
No one whimpers, no one whimpers;
A brave-hearted sprite is this:
See! the others offer comfort
In a silent, shadowy kiss.

Hush! they're creeping; hush! they're creeping,
Up about my rocking-chair:
I can feel their loving fingers
Clasp my neck and touch my hair.
Little shadows, little shadows,
Take me captive, hold me tight,
As they climb and cling and whisper,
"Mother dear, good night! good night!"

From The Short Story Shadow-Children by Louisa May Alcott
Will Dockery
2012-05-30 05:52:22 UTC
Post by Adam Lynn
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
From The Short Story Shadow-Children by Louisa May Alcott
Very nice, I've never read this one before... thanks, Bob.

--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Adam Lynn
2012-05-30 06:16:31 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Adam Lynn
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
From The Short Story Shadow-Children by Louisa May Alcott
Very nice, I've never read this one before... thanks, Bob.
--
Music & poetry of Will Dockery:http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Thank you Will; you got me thinking about shadows.