The 3rd Annual World Aids Day Benefit
Will Dockery
2011-10-22 00:08:51 UTC
The 3rd Annual World Aids Day Benefit

http://www.betterwayfoundation.com/default.ht...

Time: Thursday, December 1 · 5:00pm - 8:00pm

Location: CSU Cunningham Center

Created By Jeremy Hobbs

The Chattahoochee Valley Better Way Foundation Presents
The 3rd Annual WORLD AIDS DAY BENEFIT

FREE TO THE PUBLIC

December 01, 2011
CSU Cunningham Center
5 pm to 8 pm

* FREE HIV TESTING

* Live Entertainment from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars
with Oriental Jones

* REFRESHMENTS

* AWARDS

"2011 HIV State of the Union" Speech by Jeremy S Hobbs (President
CVBWF)

Exhibitor Space is Available

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery
Will Dockery
2011-10-24 22:20:15 UTC
Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars will be joined by Oriental
Jones & special music & poetry guests at the 3rd Annual WORLD AIDS DAY
Benefit, December 1st at CSU Cunningham Center. Hosted by Jeremy
Hobbs.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150434212944363&l=87908645de

Will Dockery
2011-11-03 19:52:28 UTC
Greetings from the Shadowville All-Stars!

Look for the announcement & link for the worldwide internet broadcast
of our 3rd Annual WORLD AIDS DAY Benefit, December 1st at The
Cunningham Center for Leadership Development at Columbus State
University.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150447760554363&l=43d7ca78b0

Will Dockery
2011-11-14 03:26:46 UTC
Okay, hope y'all can make it... I just created an Event page for it,
with added information:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120610658050316

• Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars with special guests, music
& poetry friends in concert at CSU Cunningham Center Banquet Hall,
Thursday, December 01, 2011 5:00 pm to 8 pm. A fundraiser for World
AIDS Day, hosted by Jeremy Hobbs for The Chattahoochee Valley Better
Way Foundation, Inc.

• Free Admission, All Ages

• Speakers, Entertainment, and Refreshments.

• FOUNDERS AWARDS 2011

• Outstanding Excellence in Awareness: Columbus Sista Program (Dayna
Joy Solomon Director)
• Outstanding Excellence in Leadership: Teresa Tomlinson
• Outstanding Excellence in AIDS Media Awareness: WTVM
• Lifetime Achievement Award for Humanitarianism: Sam Rawls
CVBWF Inc. Survivor Awards (All HIV Positive)
• AIDS Excellence Award and Survivor of the Year: Gregory Ware and
Tammy Williams
• AIDS Selfless Devotion to Others Survivor of the Year: Ms. Debra
Smith
• AIDS Superior Excellence in Success Survivor of the Year: Spc. Nate
Townes
Will Dockery
2011-12-03 02:32:24 UTC
Thanks & great respect to Brian Mallard, Mia Giannini, Jack Snipe,
Benjamin John Holland, Miguel Juarez, Oriental Jones (Aaron, Jorrod &
Michael), Mike Matthews, Whitney Lynn & Gary Frankfurth for making the
Will Dockery & Friends - 3rd Annual World AIDS Day Show a great &
smooth-running success.

Y'all are Shadowville All-Stars of the highest order.

http://soundcloud.com/will-dockery/under-the-radar-will-dockery
Hieronymous707
2011-12-07 11:08:52 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks & great respect to Brian Mallard, Mia Giannini, Jack Snipe,
Benjamin John Holland, Miguel Juarez, Oriental Jones (Aaron, Jorrod &
Michael), Mike Matthews, Whitney Lynn & Gary Frankfurth for making the
Will Dockery & Friends - 3rd Annual World AIDS Day Show a great &
smooth-running success.
Y'all are Shadowville All-Stars of the highest order.
http://soundcloud.com/will-dockery/under-the-radar-will-dockery
LOL. Well, Did you read my poem, or didn't you? Never mind. I know.
Promises, promises, promises. Shame on you. Please give Jeremy my
best regards next time you see him, which probably won't happen
because you're really not that close and not likely to run into one
another before you forget all about what I asked you to do.
Will Dockery
2011-12-07 22:50:30 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks & great respect to Brian Mallard, Mia Giannini, Jack Snipe,
Benjamin John Holland, Miguel Juarez, Oriental Jones (Aaron, Jorrod &
Michael), Mike Matthews, Whitney Lynn & Gary Frankfurth for making the
Will Dockery & Friends - 3rd Annual World AIDS Day Show a great &
smooth-running success.
Y'all are Shadowville All-Stars of the highest order.
http://soundcloud.com/will-dockery/under-the-radar-will-dockery
LOL. Well, Did you read my poem, or didn't you?  Never mind.  I know.
Promises, promises, promises.  Shame on you.  Please give Jeremy my
best regards next time you see him, which probably won't happen
because you're really not that close
No, Jeremy and I are really close friends, but, no again, we don't see
each other that often.

I still have your T-Shirts in the trunk of Brother Dave's car for when
I someday see you again... that was from the September event.

From another forum, here's some of the "drama" connected with last
week's show:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/TFRIPTTST18G2QRNB/p312

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, as Will noted in the above post, at least two of us visited the
concert. I don't know if there were any others. Einstein could have
shown up and seen the Corvette...:)
All of the singers/presenters (including Will and his band) were good.
I would go see most of them if they played in our local area.
The only "negative" was we thought the concert would be 3 hours (hence
the 90+ minute drive there), but it was much, much shorter than that,
so the acts were limited in their time on stage. Will explained what
happened, it was out of anyone's control. Bummer...
Will, it was nice to meet you and your family and friends. It might be
a bit difficult to get on your case now, now that we know you're a
good guy...Nah, that won't stop me...:)
Let us know if ya'll ever play closer to Douglasville or Atlanta.
Yes, although this isn't exactly the place to discuss it, I was
stunned at the time we were alloted for the show... although I've put
together three outdoor annual Riverwalk events for Jeremy, this was
the first of these World AIDS Day shows I've been involved in... but.

The apparently alloted time was the same, three hours, and since most
of the performers had been with me at the Riverwalk events, I was just
saying:

"This is pretty much the Riverwalk event, indoors and in the Winter
rather than the blazing Summer..."

Which would basically amount to a little over an hour for the *first*
part of the show, awards and speeches for a while, ten about an hour
to close it out... and that was the way the schedule page looked that
I brought in around 3:30 Thursday as we began to set up the stage.

Then around 4:00 Jeremy handed me the little program flyer and for the
first time I saw the time we had was from 5:00-6:00 only!

So, a few minutes before the show I sat at the table and trimmed what
I had envisioned as a show going for over two hours in two parts to an
hour set. Of course, I did what I felt was most fair to the other
performers and pretty much cut all my performance out in order to give
everyone a better chance at the stage... and I still am a bit
surprised that the following:

• Outstanding Excellence in Awareness: Columbus Sista Program (Dayna
Joy Solomon Director)
• Outstanding Excellence in Leadership: Teresa Tomlinson
• Outstanding Excellence in AIDS Media Awareness: WTVM
• Lifetime Achievement Award for Humanitarianism: Sam Rawls
CVBWF Inc. Survivor Awards (All HIV Positive)
• AIDS Excellence Award and Survivor of the Year: Gregory Ware and
Tammy Williams
• AIDS Selfless Devotion to Others Survivor of the Year: Ms. Debra
Smith
• AIDS Superior Excellence in Success Survivor of the Year: Spc. Nate
Townes

Took a solid *two hours* to get through!

I still feel like it would have been better to have some music, breeze
through these awards and speeches at some deliberate pace, then, as I
had planned, close the night out with another set of music
performances.

But we all know the downside of politics... lots and lots of talking
loud and saying nothing.

--
Music & Poetry of Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery

--
Red Zeros was a poetry chapbook made by Will Dockery in the Summer of
1983.
http://pennyspoetry.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Zeros
Hieronymous707
2011-12-07 23:20:45 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks & great respect to Brian Mallard, Mia Giannini, Jack Snipe,
Benjamin John Holland, Miguel Juarez, Oriental Jones (Aaron, Jorrod &
Michael), Mike Matthews, Whitney Lynn & Gary Frankfurth for making the
Will Dockery & Friends - 3rd Annual World AIDS Day Show a great &
smooth-running success.
Y'all are Shadowville All-Stars of the highest order.
http://soundcloud.com/will-dockery/under-the-radar-will-dockery
LOL. Well, Did you read my poem, or didn't you?  Never mind.  I know.
Promises, promises, promises.  Shame on you.  Please give Jeremy my
best regards next time you see him, which probably won't happen
because you're really not that close
No, Jeremy and I are really close friends, but, no again, we don't see
each other that often.
That's because he doesn't live close to you. You're really not that
close.
Will Dockery
2011-12-08 18:36:40 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
I know where his office is located downtown, which is close enough...
but you're right, somewhat, in that Jeremy and I travel in mostly
different circles.

Hieronymous707
2011-12-08 20:56:52 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Music & Poetry of Will Dockery & Friends:http://www.youtube.com/user/WDockery- Hide quoted text -
Yeah, me too.
Will Dockery
2011-12-09 17:48:36 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, me too.
"And that's he way that the world goes 'round." -John Prine

--
Music & poetry:
https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/
Hieronymous707
Actually, it's a pretty straight shot from here to there.
Will Dockery
2011-12-11 21:32:29 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Yeah, me too.
"And that's he way that the world goes 'round." -John Prine
Actually, it's a pretty straight shot from here to there.
I'd like to one of these days, when the schedule permits... again,
thanks for the invite!

--
Under the Radar & other stories / Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-
Stars:
https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/
Hieronymous707
2011-12-11 23:29:03 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Stars:https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/
There's no present like the time.
Will Dockery
"And such small servings..."
Hieronymous707
What are you saying? I don't take your point.
Will Dockery
2011-12-14 15:59:16 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Thanks & great respect to Brian Mallard, Mia Giannini, Jack Snipe,
Benjamin John Holland, Miguel Juarez, Oriental Jones (Aaron, Jorrod &
Michael), Mike Matthews, Whitney Lynn & Gary Frankfurth for making the
Will Dockery & Friends - 3rd Annual World AIDS Day Show a great &
smooth-running success.
<snip for focus>
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
There's no present like the time.
"And such small servings..."
What are you saying?  I don't take your point.
"Time, time, time..." -Tom Waits

There's been some scattershot discussions of Time (dream, reality,
fantasy et cetera) between me and a few friends elsewhere,

But I was getting at, here, the fact that time is annoying, and is
over so fast.

--
Under the Radar & other story-song-poems:
https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/
Hieronymous707
2011-12-14 16:16:48 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
There's no present like the time.
"And such small servings..."
What are you saying?  I don't take your point.
"Time, time, time..." -Tom Waits
There's been some scattershot discussions of Time (dream, reality,
fantasy et cetera) between me and a few friends elsewhere,
But I was getting at, here, the fact that time is annoying, and is
over so fast.
--
Under the Radar & other story-song-poems:https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/
LOL, how can you possibly say that time is annoying? Remember the
annoyed.
Will Dockery
2011-12-14 16:21:17 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
There's no present like the time.
"And such small servings..."
What are you saying?  I don't take your point.
"Time, time, time..." -Tom Waits
There's been some scattershot discussions of Time (dream, reality,
fantasy et cetera) between me and a few friends elsewhere,
But I was getting at, here, the fact that time is annoying, and is
over so fast.
--
Under the Radar & other story-song-poems:https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/
LOL, how can you possibly say that time is annoying?
I wrote that the *lack* of time is annoying...
Post by Hieronymous707
Remember the
time we ... Oh, never mind.  Point is, there was a time; we weren't
annoyed.
I remember the short time at Doo-Nanny fondly... which makes a good
memory it was over really fast!

"Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth..." -David Bowie

Hieronymous707
2011-12-14 20:23:40 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Remember the
time we ... Oh, never mind.  Point is, there was a time; we weren't
annoyed.
I remember the short time at Doo-Nanny fondly... which makes a good
memory it was over really fast!
"Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth..." -David Bowie
--
Under the Radar & other story-song-poems:https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/- Hide quoted text -
Where did you write lack? It wasn't there when I looked last. You
time will do if you "piss it off", for lack of a better term.
Will Dockery
2011-12-15 00:19:17 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Remember the
time we ... Oh, never mind.  Point is, there was a time; we weren't
annoyed.
I remember the short time at Doo-Nanny fondly... which makes a good
memory it was over really fast!
"Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth..." -David Bowie
Where did you write lack?  It wasn't there when I looked last.  You
must've meant to write that the lack of time was annoying, but what
you actually wrote lacked the lack.  Was that for lack of time, or
lack of effort?  Whatever you do, don't blame time.  You know what
time will do if you "piss it off", for lack of a better term.
I wrote "And such small servings..." which may not be a "lack" I
guess, but meant it to be...

Hieronymous707
2011-12-15 01:12:42 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Remember the
time we ... Oh, never mind.  Point is, there was a time; we weren't
annoyed.
I remember the short time at Doo-Nanny fondly... which makes a good
memory it was over really fast!
"Time takes a cigarette, puts it in your mouth..." -David Bowie
Where did you write lack?  It wasn't there when I looked last.  You
must've meant to write that the lack of time was annoying, but what
you actually wrote lacked the lack.  Was that for lack of time, or
lack of effort?  Whatever you do, don't blame time.  You know what
time will do if you "piss it off", for lack of a better term.
I wrote  "And such small servings..." which may not be a "lack" I
guess, but meant it to be...
--
Under the Radar & other story-song-poems:https://will-dockery-and-friends.soundawesome.com/
If you mean to have a lack of time, you will always have a lack of
time. Time is very accommodating in that respect. Enjoy each moment,
and you won't miss so much.
Will Dockery
2011-12-16 03:01:20 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Sometimes there's more than we need, other times less so, I've found
in my many years of tinkering with the beast.

Hieronymous707
2011-12-16 12:49:25 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
LOL, you haven't said anything. Your comment confirms your quandary.
You have no concept of time; at least none that works, so you waste
most of yours saying things like, "Sometimes ..." bla bla bla. Time
is just time, Will. It's not a "beast", and it's not meant to be a
burden. Time is simply all we have. If you don't or can't appreciate
that idea, maybe someone will [pause] in time. LOL.
Will Dockery
2011-12-16 13:44:58 UTC
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Okay, I'll try to keep that in mind and try to improve.

Hieronymous707
2011-12-16 13:51:06 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
Do or do not. There is no try. May the Force be with you, Lu. Er, I
mean Will you be trying that on now, or would you rather carry it out
with you? LOL.
Will Dockery
2011-12-16 20:23:54 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
Post by Will Dockery
Post by Hieronymous707
[...]
I'm always up for trying new things, so I'll most likely give it a
shot, time permitting.