Short story by Geno
Will Dockery
2012-10-28 23:22:02 UTC
Nightswimming Revisited by Gene Woolfolk, Jr.

Current mood: nostalgic
Category: Life

It was the summer of 1980 in Athens, GA, home of the University of
Georgia Bulldogs. I was working for Danver's International, a fast
food restaurant on Atlanta Highway, as an assistant manager. I lived
with three other guys in a two bedroom apartment at Sussex Club
Apartments. One of my roommates, Jim "Mal" Mallory, was a graduate
psychology student and also one of my night time employees at
Danver's. Jim and I had finished closing the restaurant one night in
June, along with the help of Susan McChesney, another graduate
psychology student who was working as a cashier nightly at Danver's.
We left the restaurant and went to our apartment complex, which was
about a mile down the road. When we reached the apartment, we decided
to sit around the pool and drink beer. It was incredibly hot, even
for June, for after midnight.

(Read more at):

http://www.usenetmessages.com/view.php?c=recreational&g=4055&id=396726&p=0
Hell Stomper
2012-10-28 23:43:13 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Assistant manager is the best job because you make more money that the
other drones, and nobody ever comes in to the place in a blind rage
and screams,"I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE ASSISTANT MANAGER!!!"
Will Dockery
2012-11-03 20:47:19 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]

*** Or in a Pizza Joint, just hang up the phone.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & Friends:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery