Lamplights For Sam / Patrick Hopkins
Will Dockery
2012-10-28 22:49:34 UTC
Happy Birthday Patrick Hopkins... I just found a good link to "Lamplights
For Sam", your classic poem of tribute to the late great Sam Singer.

http://alt.mailarchive.ca/arts.poetry.comments/2006-11/1069.html
Will Dockery
2012-10-30 00:29:16 UTC
I just found a good link to "Lamplights For Sam", Patrick Hopkins' classic
poem of tribute to the late great Sam Singer. Reposted with permission of
the author.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/T9NIM5T4D1RGKLN1B

Lamplights for Sam Singer / Patrick W. Hopkins

My first memory of Sam was in a bar,
One I happened to work at at the time;
He seemed to be happy with his bass guitar,
Drinking his beer and playing 'til closing time.
Other people's first meeting with Sam
Might have been like this, or after a fashion;
As long as he was playing, he was happy as a clam,
But he played with an unmatched cosmic passion.

(Read the complete poem at:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/T9NIM5T4D1RGKLN1B )
THE COLONEL
Was that a Leather Bar? And was Tom Keske your date?
Will Dockery
2012-11-05 09:09:22 UTC
Post by THE COLONEL
Post by Will Dockery
I just found a good link to "Lamplights For Sam", Patrick Hopkins' classic
poem of tribute to the late great Sam Singer. Reposted with permission of
the author.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/T9NIM5T4D1RGKLN1B
Lamplights for Sam Singer / Patrick W. Hopkins
My first memory of Sam was in a bar,
One I happened to work at at the time;
He seemed to be happy with his bass guitar,
Drinking his beer and playing 'til closing time.
Other people's first meeting with Sam
Might have been like this, or after a fashion;
As long as he was playing, he was happy as a clam,
But he played with an unmatched cosmic passion.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/T9NIM5T4D1RGKLN1B )
Was that a Leather Bar? And was Tom Keske your date?
No, I think it was the original Uptown Tap in downtown Columbus... I'd have
to ask Patrick to be exact, though.
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:

Will Dockery
2012-11-16 23:24:10 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
poem of tribute to the late great Sam Singer. Reposted with permission of
the author.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/T9NIM5T4D1RGKLN1B
Lamplights for Sam Singer / Patrick W. Hopkins
My first memory of Sam was in a bar,
One I happened to work at at the time;
He seemed to be happy with his bass guitar,
Drinking his beer and playing 'til closing time.
Other people's first meeting with Sam
Might have been like this, or after a fashion;
As long as he was playing, he was happy as a clam,
But he played with an unmatched cosmic passion.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/columbus-ga/T9NIM5T4D1RGKLN1B )
Was that a Leather Bar? And was Tom Keske your date?
I don't really know Tom Keske except from his posts here.
--
Shark Pact Manifesto / Will Dockery & Shadowville All-Stars:
http://youtu.be/Ft3X3kC6nr4