American Pickers: Butch Anthony & the Museum of Wonder
Will Dockery
2010-03-31 18:32:20 UTC
I just found this out, a television piece on the owner of the land &
host of Doo-Nanny:

"Butch Anthony's Museum of Wonder will be featured on 'American
Pickers', a TV series airing on the History Channel. The episode in
question airs tonite (early Tuesday Morning) at 1:01 AM Eastern Time
(RE, TV Guide.COM) and lasts 30 minutes."

I don't watch much television but I sure want to catch this. History
Channel loves to rerun things over and over so in this case that's a
good thing.

Then there's also this bit on Eagle Eye TV:

http://www.vimeo.com/10510427

"...Doo-Nanny is an art, music, and movie festival that takes place in
Seale, Alabama on folk artist Butch Anthony's 80 acre farm. The
weekend-long festival includes an art auction at the Possom Trot, a
Doo-Nanny (a sort of large flammable tee-pee) burn, and whatever other
activities are dreamed up by Anthony and his folk artist friends. The
festival began about 10 years ago as a roadside art show, and has
grown to include music, movies, and experimental architecture. Many
people camp out, since the nearest lodging is 30 minutes away in
Eufaula, AL or Columbus, GA. I give you an inside look at this year's
Doo-Nanny and Butch Anthony's Museum of Wonder that is open all year
long..."
Nancy2
2010-03-31 19:05:33 UTC
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
The "Museum" was really a hoot - unbelievable stuff - some not so
authentic, it seems, but still really entertaining, and Anthony
appeared to be a very "real" artist.

N.
Will Dockery
2010-04-02 13:56:30 UTC
Post by Nancy2
Post by Will Dockery
[...]
Yes, and I just found the time for the next showing of the episode is
Sunday night, as I wrote a friend elsewhere who was bummed out by an
apparent April Fool's joke that the New York Times was coming to cover
the Doo-Nanny this year. Seems I heard that rumor last year, also...
heh:

Will Dockery wrote: Can't find any New York Times bits yet but I did
hear about the History Channel putting Butch on one of their shows:

Frank Ferrell wrote: FYI - Just learned (a moment ago in fact) that
Butch Anthony's Museum of Wonder will be featured on "American
Pickers", a TV series airing on the History Channel.

http://www.history.com/shows

The episode in question airs [Bigfoot in Alabama: Sunday, Apr 4, 8/7
Eastern Time] and lasts 30 minutes.

--
"Red Lipped Stranger & other stories" by Will Dockery:
http://www.myspace.com/willdockery